LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

PO0410-Secondary AIR Injection system failure.

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2004, 12:44 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default PO0410-Secondary AIR Injection system failure.

What exactly does that mean? I know its a system, but does that specify what exactly is wrong, or could be a number of items that go with the system? I have another thread about the car studdering at very light throttle, especially when taking off from a dead stop, do you think this could be the problem? I just go the check engine light on last night and had it scanned today. Id like to take care of the problem right away, what needs to be done? Thanks.
Old 06-14-2004, 04:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I believe thats in relation to the AIR tube or AIR check valve that goes into the exhaust manifolds. Sometimes they get stuck, get very hot, and the rubber tubing gets extremely hot and brittle, sometimes crumbling(which mine did) and it caused the SES light to go off and give a very similar code if I remember correctly. Basically, check the AIR valves that go into your exhaust manifold.
Old 06-14-2004, 07:08 PM
9 Second Club NA

Well, that code was given to me at Autozone, but then I took it somewhere else where they used a different tool and it said that it was the rear O2 sensor. So I pulled it, looked at it to see if it was the same one that I had an extra of, but it wasnt. Reinstalled it and the light is off. Whats up with that?
Old 06-15-2004, 10:00 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

rear O2 sensor has no affect on the motor..all it does is scan for emissions and throws a code if your emissions are bad or if the O2 is bad. So dont worry, it had absolutely no affect on the way your car is acting. Sometimes they throw a code if they are a little dirty, or get buildup on them. Taking them out, lightly tapping them(though many dont reccomend this) and putting it back in will get rid of the SES code. IF not, dont buy a new O2 sensor, just get an O2 Simm and not worry about it.
Old 06-21-2004, 02:11 PM
9 Second Club NA

Well, I took it out the other day to see if it was the same sensor as an extra one from my LS1 Camaro, but they have different plugs. I wasnt going to tear them both up, so I just wound up putting it back in. The light didnt come back on and I assumed it was from me taking it out and putting it back in. However, just the other day, it came back on again. Im not sure if its the same code, but more than likely it is. Id hate to spend money on a new one because Ive priced them and they arent cheap and I also dont want to buy a Bosch brand from Autozone because Ive heard bad things about them. Then, I dont know if I want to start changing stuff up like installing simms. I leave all the modding for the Camaro. If I could get my hands on a used one so that I didnt have to spend much, that would be best.

Quick Reply: PO0410-Secondary AIR Injection system failure.