LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

24x reluctor and hub bolt info needed...

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2016, 07:48 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 24x reluctor and hub bolt info needed...

I have a 95 Z28 with the 24x conversion, and a ATI super damper with a single roller timing chain. I purchased my 24x system back in 2011. I believe my reluctor is the old style and no longer offered by EFIconnection. Instead they have a new style. Mine should still work fine, but I need to get the spacing figured out.

I recently ran into issues while tuning my turd. I found after removing the crank sensor that my reluctor on my 24x conversion was "loose" inside the timing cover.

After cursing a few hours straight, I ripped everything apart. I noticed that I had no spacer in between the reluctor and the hub (this spacer/washer (part number 953070 from ATI) is needed on my 95.). I also was using an ARP crank bolt with washers (I found from EFIconnections that the ARP crank bolt alone is too long). But now, when I removed the crank bolt, it was stripped, and I am not sure that it was the correct size and may have still been too long and its possible the hub was not on all the way (although the cerpentine belt was aligned close enough it did no belt damage).

Can anyone verify the bolt needed for the hub from ATI to go to the crank? I have a 7/16-20x 2 1/4" bolt with a 8mm washer I had for a backup, that somewhere I had got. This is a slightly shorter length than the previous ARP one.

Quick Reply: 24x reluctor and hub bolt info needed...