LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

have experience in building race version LT1? come in

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2016 | 07:20 PM
11 Second Club

Glad to see that you guys are enjoying life.. The media makes it seem like it's bad to even step outside your home on that side of the world..
Old 05-09-2016 | 10:34 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Arsalan Yazdani Ford

you really made me feel happy because of your opinion
i think my bottom end needs a new set of piston rings , but the block is really healthy
my dynamic compression ratio will fall of because of the cam lobe , so i need a static CR close to 14:1 to keep the dynamic compression about 12:1
i founded speed pro -11cc pistons for about 300$ , does them have good quality ?
the water methanol can let me to use pump gas
Not sure of the cam lobe you're referring to, but generally speaking in naturally aspirated applications a cam with more intake duration is going to want more compression, otherwise the power can be soft in the low and midrange.
You don't really need a big cam to make the power you're talking about anyway. I'd look for something in the mid-to-high 220's intake duration and mid-230s exhaust on a tight 108-110 LSA, with lift in the upper 500s on both sides. Such a cam would be happy paired with a static compression ratio in the 11.0-11.8 range, which is all I'd dare on questionable quality fuel, even with something like meth injection.

As far as pistons, I'd go with something like a Mahle powerpack. The Speed Pro pistons are generally heavy; you don't want to go with anything heavier than a stock piston. The stock pistons weigh 532 grams, by the way. The Mahle Powerpacks are somewhere in the range of 460 grams if I remember correctly.

What sort of resources are available to you in Persia with regards to machine work and tuning?
Old 05-09-2016 | 10:38 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by NewOrleansLT1
Glad to see that you guys are enjoying life.. The media makes it seem like it's bad to even step outside your home on that side of the world..
The Persian people are not at all what our leaders or theirs make them out to be. The unpleasantness is almost entirely political in nature, because the USA has persecuted Iran through sanctions and general isolation ever since the regime we preferred was ousted in '79 was ousted. Folks in Washington still can't get over it because Iran is in a strategic location and has a lot of oil pipelines and trade routes running through it, which our oil companies and the politicians who serve them naturally want control of.
Old 05-09-2016 | 10:50 AM
Village Troll
20 Year Member

Good thread.
Originally Posted by Arsalan Yazdani Ford
sorry ,didn't get that
Don't mind Jersey Shore. They are all angry by default.
Old 05-10-2016 | 05:25 PM
Teching In

is this converter ok ?
FTI Performance ESR Series Torque Converters ESRL8082
http://www.summitracing.com/int/part...8082/overview/

Originally Posted by NewOrleansLT1
it's almost safe here but no one is happy

the power can be soft in the low and midrange
if i put a 4k stall converter , i wont need low and midrange anymore !
after 1-2 shift , the rpm stays about 4300 and 2-3 stays about 4800 , so i need a better 4k-8k rpm range i think

You don't really need a big cam to make the power you're talking about anyway. I'd look for something in the mid-to-high 220's intake duration and mid-230s exhaust on a tight 108-110 LSA, with lift in the upper 500s on both sides
i have to buy the cam and valve train parts anyway, so why not to go with a bigger one? if i can make more power with a bigger cam , what is the problem?

As far as pistons, I'd go with something like a Mahle powerpack. The Speed Pro pistons are generally heavy; you don't want to go with anything heavier than a stock piston. The stock pistons weigh 532 grams, by the way. The Mahle Powerpacks are somewhere in the range of 460 grams if I remember correctly.
i'm searching for the parts in summitracing , but there is not any mahle piston for sbc gen I - gen II for stock 4.0 bore ... any other suggest for a website to buy parts?

What sort of resources are available to you in Persia with regards to machine work and tuning?
machine works is ok here , but no one knows about tuning !

one other thing i wanna ask is that why not to go with 1.7 rocker ratio?
i'm afraid of this 4600 elevation ... that's why i want to go with a bigger lift and duration , am i wrong ?

The Persian people are not at all what our leaders or theirs make them out to be. The unpleasantness is almost entirely political in nature, because the USA has persecuted Iran through sanctions and general isolation ever since the regime we preferred was ousted in '79 was ousted. Folks in Washington still can't get over it because Iran is in a strategic location and has a lot of oil pipelines and trade routes running through it, which our oil companies and the politicians who serve them naturally want control of.
really good knowledge !
thanks for your helping

Don't mind Jersey Shore. They are all angry by default.

Quick Reply: have experience in building race version LT1? come in