LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

550- 600 rwhp on motor

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 12:17 AM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default It is not as hard as you think

Originally Posted by BlackWidow
building 396 with all the goodies, lt4 intake lt4 heads. what is the general chances people on this board think it will happen and that is b4 the 200 shot of spray. Just leave me some info and your thoughts thanks.
I have a 383 with a set of afr heads that i bought raw and ported myself did a port job on my stock intake and have lt1 edit MY CAR DID 613 hp and 597 ftlbs of torque. LOOK at this months hot rod I am #18 . This is with a 200 shot did thre runs on one 15 pounder I also have a very mild hyd. cam less than .580 lift Phillip Bridges
also this engine is for sale. Turbo motor going in as we speak
Old 07-04-2004, 12:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RealQuick
Well, I will have ~10k in my motor + necessary items (6 point cage, Mcleod street twin, etc.) I havent even bought a 12 bolt yet ($2500 shipped done up right), and i saved $1k by buying a used block and rotating assembly. I also already have the fuel pump, injectors, and tuning software paid for (so you can see the $'s going up). He will not even come close to his goals unless he has a custom intake most likely ($1500-2k easy). It all adds up. Ok, if it makes you feel better lets say 15k to make it legal to run at the track. If he wants to dump a motor for 6-7k in his car and not do fuel, ignition and drivetrain then thats fine. Do it all right and easily 15-20k (unless he buys all used components).

As far as juice...thanks, i can read. Thats why I said its cheaper/easier to spray the extra 75rwhp (like a 275rwhp shot instead of 200 shot), then trying to squeeze 75rwhp more N/A. He already plans to spray big, why not just change jets and go a little bigger? If he wants 550-600rwhp N/A all the time, then most likely it will only be at the track cuz i am willing to bet a N/A 550-600rwhp LT1 will be a pain to drive on the street. THEREFOR, if he will only do a little weekend warrior stuff and mostly hit the track, then use the juice to get you there.
So you CAN read, right?!?! He was asking about power output, not NHRA legality. Ya dumb bastard......
Old 07-04-2004, 05:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Zo6Killer
So you CAN read, right?!?! He was asking about power output, not NHRA legality. Ya dumb bastard......
Bitch please...you questioned my reading ability when it came to me mentioning the nitrous. I explained my opinion on spraying extra to squeeze out more power, rather than trying to squeeze it out N/A. Maybe you should read.
Old 07-04-2004, 01:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It can be done w/a set of GEN 1 SBC Heads converted to Rev. Cooling along w/ a Single plane intake or a hogan's.. But 550 is attainable.. just not cheap.. I have over 11K into my car so far w/ the 396 and haven't even gone to the heads yet.. Gotta love the fuel sys. that's one of the most expensive concentrated area's on the damned car that took that much money other than the 9", DFI and lord knows what else.. NEver end's.. Been going on 8 months int he making and i'm not even close to done... take your time.. your result's will speak for themselves.. Make 550RWHP then spray 300 on top.. Bon VOyage!
Old 07-05-2004, 05:36 PM
TECH Resident

I have seen AFR 215 raised runners that are also available as a LT1 bolt on make 600hp on a 365 cubic inch engine....

604hp no boost no juice hydraulic roller cam 365...

Copy that in a lt1 block with the Lt4 vesion of those heads...

Technically it is a "converted" gen I head because AFR made them for gen I's first then came up with a version of the same thing that fits gen II's...

AFR has a recomended single plane to run with them and you can (Id do it) run a sheetmetal manifold with a big accufab TB on it...
Old 07-06-2004, 04:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well heres my take, my Dad and I trying to reach the low 500 RWHP on motor with a 5.7 rod 383, 4L60E and a 4.10 geared 9 inch. Performance Trends Pro engine software says we are at the low 700 horsepower mark on pump gas, that should, if correct will put us in the mid 500's at the tires with a 20% loss. But I will tell you NOW its gonna do major damage to your wallet, but I wanted a nomally aspirated, a/c epuipped full weight 10 second car on the motor. We have LT1 converted 23* Pro Topline heads and a Wilson Manifold, the only one like it on the planet. The price tag on the jewel hurt my feelings. So be prepared 23* headed horsepower levels like these over the 450 RWHP level or gonna total out your wallet, its hard to get there on pump gas and the limited airflow a 23* head allows, not to mention limited intake, header choices for a LT1 car.
Also gonna be extremely hard to do it with a short runner, low plenum volume LT4 intake.

David

Quick Reply: 550- 600 rwhp on motor