LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

thinking about carbing my cammed th350 94z28 any thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 04:03 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default thinking about carbing my cammed th350 94z28 any thoughts?

Like the title says im thinkin on a carb swap. Really tired of all the ecu n sensor problems ive been having. Car has cc306 1 3/4 longtubes 30lb injectors stock heads/cubes th350 3500 stall 373s n some spray. Got a tune n its way off but i wanna do a 396 solid roller eventually n i thought a single plane n carb would be cool. Any thoughts? My car n/a is only trapping 103 Ive went through it changed everything. I cant figure it out unless its the tune. Think a proper timed distributor n tuned carb setup would help?
Old 08-18-2016, 01:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Do you have experience with a carb?

If you don't, I'd stick with what you have. If you do, I'd still stay with what you have. I'd venture a guess that it would be significantly easier to figure out what's wrong with your car currently than it is to convert the car to carb and then spend countless hours tuning, doing plug chops, going to a dyno etc. If you suspect a problem with your current tune, just put it on a dyno with a reputable tuner and have them work it out.

One of my vehicles has a carb and if you have experience with carbs you will know that a particular carb tune may work perfect one day but with noticible changes in elevation or temp or weather and it's not so perfect anymore. Just some things to think about.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you know how to properly tune a carb it's not a bad option, problem is most people have no idea what they're doing when it comes to carb tuning and end up never truly getting it to run to its full potential. That and like stealth said changes in the weather will make your jetting setup you spent hours dialing in to its full potential obsolete.

Quick Reply: thinking about carbing my cammed th350 94z28 any thoughts?