LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

I raised my car back to stock height a few years back. I want the bump stops back :(

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2017, 09:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I raised my car back to stock height a few years back. I want the bump stops back :(

I forcefully removed/bent away/cut the bump stop bracket (where the bump stops bolt to) due to fear of sharpness of said bracket destroying my tires.

This was a mistake because the car had and adjustable panhard but I did not know the purpose of it. Any way to get bump stops back on the car. Referring to rear ones. Current wheels in the rear are 17x11 C4 replicas with 315s.
Old 03-13-2017, 03:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I forget the part number but energy suspension makes a polyurethane bump stop for jeeps that fits on our cars with slight modification
Old 03-13-2017, 05:38 PM
Village Troll

Received 519 Likes on 375 Posts

https://ls1tech.com/forums/lt1-lt4-m...l#post18784642
Old 03-13-2017, 07:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts

I think he's saying that he cut the bump stop mounts off completely which isn't that uncommon. I don't think that can be fixed without cutting the mounts off of another car and welding them on or fabbing your own.

I didn't cut mine, but I did do some grinding to the area. I am lowered on BMRs with a 315/35r18 out back. With the panhard adjusted and the wheels perfectly centered in the quarters, one of the rims will get caught on the bump stop mount when dropping the diff straight down after jacking the car up. I don't have any contact if I jack that wheel up with the car on the ground using the scissor jack/pinch weld. I just have to remember not to go duke-boys off anything while driving. That isn't a problem because I drive like grandma.
Old 03-14-2017, 08:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well shucks. I read in another thread that not having bump stops with 315 will cause premature blowouts. My bump stop bracket doesn't exist anymore so I'm scared.

But I had the tires on for 2.5 years now without any issues, fingers crossed. How do wheels with an adjusted panhard look?

Quick Reply: I raised my car back to stock height a few years back. I want the bump stops back :(