LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Starting Car After Storage and Misc Questions.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2017, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Starting Car After Storage and Misc Questions.

Hey Guys,

Car is 97 z28, stored car first of December, then had shoulder surgery end of the same month. Looking to get car going by next week, things I need to do before starting it?

I was thinking:

1.) charge battery fully
2.) pull fuel pump fuse (where is it located??) in order to prime motor with oil? Any other fuses
3.) drive car for a while then change oil (using full synthetic RP 5W-30 with K/N filter)

Anything else I need to do, any other fuses need to be pulled prior to starting? What is the procedure for starting car if pulling some fuses in order to prime with oil? What intervals for turning car over??

Also I have some MISC questions:

1.) Ordered 8.5mm Super Conductor wires MSD from nasty performance OTVC set with heat sleeving option "cool socks", high heat boots and wire looms. Question is what wires go with what cylinder as the wires are NOT labeled on the custom cut set?

2.) I also bought full set of NGK-TR55ix plugs, so what gap do these plugs need to be plugged at (car is naturally no power adders just full bolt on's).

Thanks,

Devin
Old 06-26-2017, 07:00 AM
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't gap the tr55 IX they have a super fine .8mm tip so you will rip the plating off if you jam a gap tool in there. You can check them with a feeler but they should all be really close. They are pretty much the most expensive plug I've ever used.

Last edited by fex77k; 06-28-2017 at 10:30 AM. Reason: damn auto-correct
Old 06-26-2017, 10:45 AM
Village Troll

Received 518 Likes on 374 Posts

Charge battery- Odds are you'll need a new one if you didn't have it on a trickle charger.
Change oil- You don't have to prime anything. I wouldn't want that dirty oil being circulated through the motor again before changing it. Just drain it out, put in fresh oil/filter.
Start up
Drive
Enjoy

Quick Reply: Starting Car After Storage and Misc Questions.