LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

It's been a while but I'm still around

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 11:19 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default It's been a while but I'm still around

I haven't posted in some time so figured why not drop a line. I lurk quite a bit but obviously not been too active. The Bird has been running really well and recently ran a new best at last years track rental. I had a quick affair with a Hellcat Charger but moved on to a C7Z after experiencing a number of quality issues with the kitty.

With some more seat time, I'm getting better at launching the Bird with the stick but still not quite up to par with my Dad's launch a year prior (1.46 60'). I refuse to go auto as I just enjoy rowing the gears. "Race weight" without me is a little over 4k lbs lol. The car trapped 140+ a couple times and certainly has more in it.

One issue I am noticing is after a few passes, the trans gets very notchy. For those that know the car, it is a fully built T56 (not a magnum) with a fluid pump system. The times could have been a bit better but I made sure to do very deliberate shifts (IE slow) to not miss a gear.

After getting the car home, it didn't want to go into reverse so that was fun. I changed the clutch fluid and did some additional mightvac work and the condition improved greatly so that points to the hydraulics being an issue. I have some upgrades for next year and already purchased a new Tick clutch master and new slave to see if that fixes my issue.

All loaded up and ready to roll

Friends wanted a 2-step launch so I obliged. It didn't work out well this run but made fun noises.

Oh and for the Z, it ran a 10.83 @ 128.86 bone stock down to the paper filter and michelin pilot super sport runflat tires (not the Z07 Cup 2's).

Old 01-07-2018, 07:54 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice times in the bird. still faster then the new z lol.
Old 01-07-2018, 03:54 PM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

You going to the LTx Shootout this yr? Nice times on the Bird. What did you think of the Hellcat power wise? The C7z is sweet man.
Old 01-08-2018, 08:05 AM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Nice car, cool to see some more pics. I've always admired the shot in your sig.

Still LT1?

What track in Jersey is that? It's been quite awhile since I've been to either atco or raceway park.
Old 01-08-2018, 09:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to see and hear your around kicking still!
Old 01-09-2018, 07:56 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by rynb15
nice times in the bird. still faster then the new z lol.
Thanks! Getting better each year. Maybe, just maybe it will squeak out a 9 next year.

Originally Posted by SRZ
You going to the LTx Shootout this yr? Nice times on the Bird. What did you think of the Hellcat power wise? The C7z is sweet man.
Thanks! I am definitely considering making the trip depending on date and my schedule. I don't think I will be competitive but it would be fun to make the trip. A couple years back, Shownomercy and I took the trip with his car and had a damn good time....except for the heat.

The Hellcat def had the power they advertise and likely a little bit more. It trapped 127 in the quarter all stock except for a DR. 900lbs or so heavier than the Z and trapping just a hair slower tells you it's making more than 707. The quality of the car was a different story....

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6
Nice car, cool to see some more pics. I've always admired the shot in your sig.

Still LT1?

What track in Jersey is that? It's been quite awhile since I've been to either atco or raceway park.
Thanks man. Still a LTx car. Last year I just went to a 28" tall slick vs the prior 27's and made no other changes. I will continue to tweak the setup as anything more significant will just be blowing a ton more money.

The track is Atco. It looks a bit different since they removed the wall a few years back.

Originally Posted by SwampWS6
Glad to see and hear your around kicking still!
I've been quietly lurking your thread.
Old 01-10-2018, 04:47 PM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Blackbirdws6

Thanks! I am definitely considering making the trip depending on date and my schedule. I don't think I will be competitive but it would be fun to make the trip. A couple years back, Shownomercy and I took the trip with his car and had a damn good time....except for the heat.

The Hellcat def had the power they advertise and likely a little bit more. It trapped 127 in the quarter all stock except for a DR. 900lbs or so heavier than the Z and trapping just a hair slower tells you it's making more than 707. The quality of the car was a different story....
Well maybe we'll finally meet! I'm trying to make it this yr myself with a friend and his boosted LTx. Still putting mine back together but the real conflict of interest for me are the dates. Trying to get that sorted out now so as not to be in conflict. Keeping fingers crossed.
Old 01-10-2018, 05:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

Cool. The last pass I ever made was in the left lane at Atco. Makes sense why I didn't recognize it.
Old 01-10-2018, 07:11 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by AnotherWs6
Cool. The last pass I ever made was in the left lane at Atco. Makes sense why I didn't recognize it.
Yea it looks totally different.

Originally Posted by SRZ
Well maybe we'll finally meet! I'm trying to make it this yr myself with a friend and his boosted LTx. Still putting mine back together but the real conflict of interest for me are the dates. Trying to get that sorted out now so as not to be in conflict. Keeping fingers crossed.
That would be really cool! Hopefully we can both make it.

Quick Reply: It's been a while but I'm still around