LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Volant cold air question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2024, 05:05 PM
Launching!

Received 134 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1DG
That what I'm saying. I think it's the middle area. When I closed it to see what areas was touching, it was only that area. The area around still had room, even the seal around the filter had tons of room still. I will find out tomorrow when I go to the body shop , hopefully thats the only thing that's preventing it from the closing 🤞🏾
If it is like mine it will take care of it. It just sucks you have to cut the box up over a hood.
Old 06-25-2024, 05:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Treburkulosis
If it is like mine it will take care of it. It just sucks you have to cut the box up over a hood.
Hopefully I don't have to do that.

The box still had planty of room. It's the filter height that the issue , touching the lowest point of the hood.

The box still had room, at the point when the hood stops.

I actually got good view, peeping thru the vents when closing it.
Old 06-25-2024, 05:13 PM
Launching!

Then you might only have to open up the back to allow it go down some. I had to do that as well. I had everything hitting.
Old 06-25-2024, 05:17 PM
On The Tree

Then you might only have to open up the back to allow it go down some. I had to do that as well. I had everything hitting.
Did it work?
Old 06-25-2024, 05:19 PM
Launching!

Did it work?
Yes It did. Like I said I would take the box off and just put the filters and the connecter pipe on and see if it closes first. That will drop it all the way. Then you can raise it a little by putting something under the connecter pipe to simulate the box.
Old 06-26-2024, 02:02 AM
On The Tree

Yes It did. Like I said I would take the box off and just put the filters and the connecter pipe on and see if it closes first. That will drop it all the way. Then you can raise it a little by putting something under the connecter pipe to simulate the box.
That box is nice with the filter tho 😭 we'll see what happens.

Also what I notice, and depending what coupler you use, if it's stiff or thick. It will push the filters forward, making it harder to close the hood.

​​​​​​If you look up pictures of trans am, that has the volant intake. The filters are more push back because they are using flexible couplers.

The volant on my car, the filters are push forward. Because of the couplers I'm using. They are really thick and stiff.

Old 06-26-2024, 07:04 AM
Launching!

That box is nice with the filter tho 😭 we'll see what happens.

Also what I notice, and depending what coupler you use, if it's stiff or thick. It will push the filters forward, making it harder to close the hood.

​​​​​​If you look up pictures of trans am, that has the volant intake. The filters are more push back because they are using flexible couplers.

The volant on my car, the filters are push forward. Because of the couplers I'm using. They are really thick and stiff.
That is how mine is.
Old 06-26-2024, 02:08 PM
On The Tree

UPDATE:
So they had to cut the whole middle part out. The hood closes all the way now. But they also cut out the stuff that prevent water to not enter 😅

Old 06-26-2024, 02:11 PM
Launching!

UPDATE:
So they had to cut the whole middle part out. The hood closes all the way now. But they also cut out the stuff that prevent water to not enter 😅

Wow! I car show mine, so I would not have wanted to do that. I am glad they got it fixed.
Old 06-26-2024, 02:15 PM
On The Tree

Wow! I car show mine, so I would not have wanted to do that. I am glad they got it fixed.
😂😭 I know. But what I learn about the car life, if things don't fit you have to sometimes make sacrifices to make it fit lol.
The following users liked this post:
Treburkulosis (06-26-2024)
Old 06-26-2024, 02:18 PM
Launching!

😂😭 I know. But what I learn about the car life, if things don't fit you have to sometimes make sacrifices to make it fit lol.
This is true.
Old 06-27-2024, 03:20 AM
On The Tree

It's time to update my tune since a lot has been installed in the past months. But first after I replace the opti-curse. Code 36 has been sticking around lately, so it's about that time lol.
The following users liked this post:
Treburkulosis (06-27-2024)

Quick Reply: Volant cold air question.