LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

California Lt1 owners and LT4 Hotcam owners...

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2004, 02:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I drive a white 96 TA with TT2's and lowered. Newport beach and Laguna niguel are quite nice and pricey, hell, everywhere in OC is.

I'm with what everyone is saying that you can always find someone for a smog hookup. I'm not sure if I'll go that route with bigger heads and cam or just play it safe and SC the car. To be honest, half the time I'm ready to up and sell the car.
Old 09-11-2004, 07:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Evaporate
I drive a white 96 TA with TT2's and lowered. Newport beach and Laguna niguel are quite nice and pricey, hell, everywhere in OC is.

I'm with what everyone is saying that you can always find someone for a smog hookup. I'm not sure if I'll go that route with bigger heads and cam or just play it safe and SC the car. To be honest, half the time I'm ready to up and sell the car.

I most all people with an f-body go through that phase for about a week, wanting to sell the car...then i get baited into a race on the street, lose to some modded out car running 11s, and jet back home on the internet looking up specs on cams and finding the cheapest pair of good heads i can,

From my understanding, the smog hook up only lasts so long..a friend of mine told me you have to go to a govt facility every 2 years or something like that.
Old 09-12-2004, 03:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 5432LT1
I most all people with an f-body go through that phase for about a week, wanting to sell the car...then i get baited into a race on the street, lose to some modded out car running 11s, and jet back home on the internet looking up specs on cams and finding the cheapest pair of good heads i can,

Lol, that's me right there.

From my understanding, the smog hook up only lasts so long..a friend of mine told me you have to go to a govt facility every 2 years or something like that.

No, our cars must be smog every 2 years, but not taken to a govt facility. Maybe he meant when one's car fails smog once and gets labeled a gross polluter requiring stricter testing every 2 yrs

When do you move back to Cali?
Old 09-12-2004, 03:24 AM
On The Tree

No, our cars must be smog every 2 years, but not taken to a govt facility. Maybe he meant when one's car fails smog once and gets labeled a gross polluter requiring stricter testing every 2 yrs

Whenever i get done with the heads and cam
Old 09-12-2004, 03:29 AM
On The Tree

Do you only smog test when your the tags on your car runs out?

Quick Reply: California Lt1 owners and LT4 Hotcam owners...