LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

fastest lt1 n/a with ac delco pcm?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2004, 08:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Wright
I went 10.44 & 10.45, with a 4L60E, factory PCM & dead ignition box (sounded like somebody shooting at ducks). 1.33 60', and a 1.37 breaking the 60' beam with the rear tires. No baby bottle. Gone a ton of 10.50s in 2000'+ air. I saw Benjamin Moore go 10.18 at about 130 with the factory PCM, but not sure about his tranny. He didn't have LT1/LT4 heads nor intake though. Had Dart stuff. Lots of 10 second na LT1s around.
Looked at Joe Overton's car. Heads, Intake, etc, are not LT1. Just the block & timing cover, I guess. Sure fast, though.
Want to mention what a gentleman Bejamin Moore is. When my tranny died Saturday morning at No Problem, he offered to drive an hour to get me a loaner. Not a lot of people like that around anymore. Want to thank him again. He's a good guy. Don't know what "name" he uses here.

Take care, Ed
You did this N/A with an LT1? or on the bottle? Would you like me to add your name to the list? :

http://web.camaross.com/forums/showt...71#post2520871
Old 11-16-2004, 09:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

DANG ED! I wish I would have been on hand I would have built it for you

BTW Guys. Ed here is THE MAN that has the ONLY true "No shift fix" for OBD-I As can be seen in his post The car I wrote of was using that very tune!

Great to see you here Ed! I hope to be out playing next year

Last edited by TwoFast4Lv; 11-17-2004 at 12:11 AM.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:19 PM
10 Second Club

I went 10.44 & 10.45, with a 4L60E, factory PCM & dead ignition box (sounded like somebody shooting at ducks). 1.33 60', and a 1.37 breaking the 60' beam with the rear tires. No baby bottle. Gone a ton of 10.50s in 2000'+ air. I saw Benjamin Moore go 10.18 at about 130 with the factory PCM, but not sure about his tranny. He didn't have LT1/LT4 heads nor intake though. Had Dart stuff. Lots of 10 second na LT1s around.
Looked at Joe Overton's car. Heads, Intake, etc, are not LT1. Just the block & timing cover, I guess. Sure fast, though.
Want to mention what a gentleman Bejamin Moore is. When my tranny died Saturday morning at No Problem, he offered to drive an hour to get me a loaner. Not a lot of people like that around anymore. Want to thank him again. He's a good guy. Don't know what "name" he uses here.

Take care, Ed
Ben is ou812/z28. He is a good guy and very talented. He built most of that car himself..made most of the suspension parts etc. His car is a truely home built car.
Old 11-16-2004, 10:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Whats this no shift fix Ed? ive got it to work on one car, what you doin?
Old 11-17-2004, 12:17 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv

BTW Guys. Ed here is THE MAN that has the ONLY true "No shift fix" for OBD-I As can be seen in his post The car I wrote of was using that very tune!

Is a 94 model obd1? Under what conditions does the "no shift happen"? I am gonna use a 4L60E with a large"ish" converter, should flash to about 4000. The tranny is a C Motorsports level 3 with a add on shift modulator.

Ben Moore, the e mail addy you gave me came back as no good, too busy to call ya tonight.

David
Old 11-17-2004, 12:21 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Ed took his Personal car. Stuffed a big converter in it and went to the track and bounced it off the rev limiter like the rest of us till he had it fixed

I begged every person I could with the Skill to hack code and ED is the only person who listened to me. He not only listened he FIXED the problem. I burned up over two grand in transmission parts(and I buy at cost) trying to fix this and all I Proved was the transmission was NOT the problem. Ed Listened

Anyone else claiming a fix is surely running a hack of his code I prefer to send people to the man who did the work himself and not one of the 'here today gone with your money tomorrows' that have popped up over the years.

I am now happily swapping back and forth from OBD-I to OBD-II as i please and shifting just fine!

Thanks ED!
Old 11-17-2004, 02:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

If u go to camaroz28 you will see there is a lot of talk about the ed wright tunes I dont have one but many many people over there do
Old 11-17-2004, 07:52 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take care, Ed
i did not realize who u were until u left and remembered looking at your plates. nice meeting u and my heads r afr's for the lt-1. i go by 0u812/z28.i just got a good deal on the dart covers.
Old 11-17-2004, 07:58 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 95 Formula
Ben is ou812/z28. He is a good guy and very talented. He built most of that car himself..made most of the suspension parts etc. His car is a truely home built car.
all work on my car other than the trans i built,did,and modified myself. the tran was built by morris tran in baton rouge and warrantie's the trans. the injector bungs on the intake and the elbow were done in florida and maryland. other than that i am proud to say i did it.
Old 11-17-2004, 08:47 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Hey Ben who did what in Md... that where Im from

Yes OBDI is 94-95 and they dont liek 60 fting hard with the stock program
Old 11-17-2004, 08:55 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GrannySShifting
Hey Ben who did what in Md... that where Im from

Yes OBDI is 94-95 and they dont liek 60 fting hard with the stock program
reichard racing. the do a lot of ford stuff but he was the only one that would tackle my elbow for my throttle body and he did a good job.
Old 11-17-2004, 09:42 AM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by meangreen94z
You did this N/A with an LT1? or on the bottle? Would you like me to add your name to the list? :

That was an LT1, na. Don't know anything about a list. Factory PCM & 4L60E, that should have been freshened over the winter. <G> Won't try to run it two years again.

Ed
Old 11-17-2004, 10:07 AM
9-Second Club

Originally Posted by ou812/z28
i did not realize who u were until u left and remembered looking at your plates. nice meeting u and my heads r afr's for the lt-1. i go by 0u812/z28.i just got a good deal on the dart covers.
Ben, I have told several people about you and your car. Nice to see a guy doing it himself & running that fast. I was very impressed. Wish you could have won it. Hard to imagine the LT1s having to run heads up with LS1s. Like taking a knife to a gun fight. You did great to make runner up. You are a real gentleman. You and Joe Overton have very impressive cars. Would liked to have seen Steve Quin's car also.
I did everything on mine but the tranny, machine work on the block, & head porting. Long time friend (about 30 years) Ron Lee did the tranny, my fault for trying to run it so long with no maint (I had about decided it was bullett proof), and long time friend Pete Incado of CNC Cylinder heads in Kissimee FL did the LT4 heads & intake. Another long time friend, (about 40 years) Carroll's Engine & Machine, in Amarrillo Texas did the machine work. He did my machine work way back when I was chasing the NHRA Winston points deal. I just play around with this car now. Nothing serious. A few years ago I would have put a tranny in it. Guess I'm getting old. Turned 61 the Sunday of the Thunder Shootout. Easier to just bring it home & let John pull it out. <G>
If the ACCELL 300+ box had not died, I think I may have run some high 20s. That is based on what the others from around here went. Maybe not. Who knows until you do it, right? We never see air like that around here. Below 2000' we get all excited. Felt like it was running out of fuel, and like a dumb-butt I took a wild guess and bought a fuel pump from Angie, and swapped it out Friday evening. Still did the same thing. Think I may have been the last car to run Friday late. Saturday morning with the ACCELL box bypassed, the tranny died. 12 hour drive each way. Oh well.

Take care, Ed
Old 11-17-2004, 10:23 AM
10 Second Club

ed there is always next year. i am in the prosses of changing a few things and hopfully i will be getting my 9 sec license soon.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:15 PM
9-Second Club

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv

Hi Ellis,
Wish you had been there too. What do you think of the vacuum modulator deal for the 4L60E? Ron put one in it this time, TransGo told him it would be a better deal. Hits kinda hard when you drop it into Drive. No big deal there. I still help him & his brother James with their Super Stocker some, and they like to borrow the dyno. Easier on gears & clutches than testing at the track. Free, too. <G>
Is your buddy still doing Ben Watson's engines? He has began making the show this year, and gone a round or two. That is a tough deal to crack. Frankie has picked up Mike's (Edwards) power, so he is going faster. Had a few bad driving weekends, but left on everybody at the finals in Pomona last weekend. Anderson just flat outran him, and everybody else. One of my old traveling buddies (Pete Peery) won Super Stock, nobody else hit their butts.
I get to thinking I would like to do that again, then Jeanie kicks me in the rear & wakes me up. <BG>

Ed
Old 11-17-2004, 01:47 PM
Launching!

That was an LT1, na. Don't know anything about a list. Factory PCM & 4L60E, that should have been freshened over the winter. <G> Won't try to run it two years again.

Ed
I started a list on camaroz28 for LT1's. It was the link I included. I was just wondering if you would like me to add your name to the list.

Heres the link again if you want to look:

Old 11-17-2004, 02:32 PM
9-Second Club

ed there is always next year. i am in the prosses of changing a few things and hopfully i will be getting my 9 sec license soon.
Ben, you are close to needing that license now. Don't think mine would run with your's, with the tranny & ignition fixed. Never got to run in that kind of air, so don't know what it would do. I may take it down to Hallsville Texas this Saturday. Supposed to be about 70 degrees down there. Supposed to rain here. The track here has been too cold the last couple of weeks to hook up.

I'm going to see if I can get mine in the nines with factory head & intake castings & PCM. At least stil looking like an LT1. Don't know if I can. Could with an aftermarket PCM, but would prefer to not have to go that way. Another 2500 RPM or so would certainly make it easy. Right now I have to shift mine @ 7150, as 7200 is all it will do without breaking up. A bigger cam would not do anything with the stock PCM, as the hp graph just starts to stop climbing when it hits that limit on the dyno. Heads with bigger valves would help, as low & mid lift flow would improve, I doubt it would like more runner volume. Of course, if I do that I will have to add to my roll cage & buy more of a fire suit. More money.

At No problem they told me with my my 383" I had to weigh 3350. I put the spare tire & jack back in and went to the scales. It weighed 3360 that way. How did you get to run a 396" at 3325? The weight rules seemed kinda strange. Don't guess they ever heard of weight factors. Like "we are going to run at 9 lbs per cubic inch", or eight lbs, or whatever.

Keep me posted on your progress.

Take care, Ed
Old 11-17-2004, 02:34 PM
9-Second Club

Originally Posted by meangreen94z
I started a list on camaroz28 for LT1's. It was the link I included. I was just wondering if you would like me to add your name to the list.

Heres the link again if you want to look:

Sure, if you want to. I have no idea what it will run in decent air, on all eight cylinders. Didn't get to find out at no problem. Missed a good chance.

Thanks, Ed
Old 11-17-2004, 02:41 PM
On The Tree

Talking

i am not saying i am the fastest n/a just want to know were i rank at and could i be the fastest with factory pcm.
Face it Ben... you've got nothing for my Cavalier!!!
Steve...
Old 11-17-2004, 03:44 PM
10 Second Club

i have my 89 f-150 truck i tow my car with hahahahahahahahahhahaah but don't tell anyone how fast it really is.

Quick Reply: fastest lt1 n/a with ac delco pcm?