LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Why do you guys keep holding on to your lt1s?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2022, 08:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

Why do I keep my LT1 4th gen Camaro?

I really liked the car's styling when I first saw them in what I think was late '92. I had just graduated high school. Would be 4 years before I could afford a 4th gen Camaro. As I was getting married in '97(trying to be careful with money), I went with a new '96 3.8 5-speed manual Y87 car. Ordered it from Stanley Chevrolet in Stuart VA. Traded in my '90 Z24 on it. Fast forward to '99 and Robert Woodall Chevy called me with a one owner '96 Z28 6-speed manual hardtop NC car that just got traded in. It was a Friday afternoon. The wife and I had plans, but we did make the trip to Danville over the weekend to look at it. They told us where it would be sitting. Had not been cleaned up or put on the lot yet. The following Monday, I traded in my V6 '96 for the aforementioned Z28. Then about 3 months later the textile company I was working for had to file bankruptcy. I was like....figures, but (Thank God)was able to find another job and keep the payments flowing for it.

I've thought about trading in for a C5 or C6 Vette, but always came back to it's fun, paid off, still very moddable, and was a teenage dream come true for me. It's something I should be able to work on until the grave. I think it's easier to work on than a Vette when it comes to dealing with pulling the engine and trans.

Lord willing, I'll have it until I pass on from this world.

Not too long after I got it. Had put a catback on it at this point.

As it sits now....

Few pics of the my V6 '96. There are a few vids of my Z28 on youtube(ACE1252). Just scroll down past the Fornite videos.
Front plate shows where my user name came from. I ran a check on the VIN a few years ago. It was still on the road, but showed as having a run in with a tree.

Brand new.....all stock.

Last edited by ACE1252; 10-11-2022 at 09:03 PM.
The following users liked this post:
RallyBoy (10-12-2022)

Quick Reply: Why do you guys keep holding on to your lt1s?