LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

new opti and coil, still missing and cutting out

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2005, 08:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new opti and coil, still missing and cutting out

Ok I had a new opti spark along w/ plugs and wires put in around 4 thousand miles ago and here latley it has started to idle rough so i replaced the coil and that fixed that. Now it is missing and cuttin out in the upper rpms just like it did when the opti was out. After the opti install and up till tongith it has ran fine except for the idle. Does anyone know what the problem may be? help me ASAP!!!!!!!!
Old 05-06-2005, 09:05 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default unplug your front o2 sensors

unplug your front o2 sensors

if that works then just try to replace them and see if that helps.....

do a search on the boards, new front o2 sensors (delphi's) can be had for just under $30 per sensor
Old 05-06-2005, 09:36 AM
On The Tree

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

May seem rediculous, but check each spark wire connection to each plug. Also, did you have the entire opti replaced or just what is called the cap & rotor? The optical sensor many times is the main problem. Also, when they replaced the coil, did they replace the Ignition Control Module at the same time?

Just so you know, I am dealing with the same problem with my 93 Z. I have it broken down and trying to decide if I want to keep the LT1 or look at another option. I cannot stand the Opti-Crap GM put on these cars during this time period.

Just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply: new opti and coil, still missing and cutting out