LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Mass Air flow Sensor Ends?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 09:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mass Air flow Sensor Ends?

{ Mass Air Flow Sensor Ends(MAF Ends) - $50 to ? - Replaces stock MAF ends and Maf screen with a ported set of MAF Ends that still utilize the original MAF Sensor.}

What will this do for the car & were do I get one?
I keep getting a code for my mass air put a new one on same thing do you guys
Think the new mass air flow sensor end will fix this.
The car is a 94 Impalla SS Thanks
Old 05-21-2005, 09:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Doubt it will do anything positive for you....some folks have seen a decrease when going with a ported or Z06 MAF. What code are you throwing? May want to try cleaning you MAF first to see if that fix's it.

And no, I don't think it will fix whatever code he may be throwing.
Old 05-21-2005, 12:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Alot of times it is the wires breaking that will give you codes. I have had to replace a few of the ends on my harness including the MAF, IAT, MAP, and both O2s and well as a few others. The MAF was hardest to diagnos If I remember correctly. It helped that I have 4-5 MAFs laying around from testing years ago.

As GhostZ said putting new MAF ends on won't help with your problem. Performance gains ,if any ,would only be relized with tuning
Old 05-21-2005, 09:04 PM
Teching In

The code says mass air malfunction. That was with the old mass air so I but in a new mass air & it's giving me the same code. I used a snap on code reader & that what it said.
I don't know what eles to do any help would be great. Thanks.....
Old 05-21-2005, 11:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
Alot of times it is the wires breaking that will give you codes. I have had to replace a few of the ends on my harness including the MAF, IAT, MAP, and both O2s and well as a few others. The MAF was hardest to diagnos If I remember correctly. It helped that I have 4-5 MAFs laying around from testing years ago.

As GhostZ said putting new MAF ends on won't help with your problem. Performance gains ,if any ,would only be relized with tuning
Hmmm...

Not a clue....

Might want to check the wiring and conector ends. I would probe them between the PCM and the MAF. Moving the wires and connector around while doing this helps. In that scanner you are reading it is called a 'wiggle test'

Just a guess that might help

Quick Reply: Mass Air flow Sensor Ends?