LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

EGR Delete

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2005, 06:37 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default EGR Delete

Is there a detailed how-to on LT1 EGR delete??
Old 06-07-2005, 08:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

well if ur going to long tubes or headers without the egr fitting, then its a matter of taking all the egr equipment off and blocking the orifice with a plate. I made mine in my garage and simply purchased new gaskets so its sealed well. Pretty easy.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:00 AM
12 Second Club

i'll have to block off my shorties, until i get new LTs....i actually just want something similar to shoeboxes how-to's....with pictures and step by step instructions.

also, same thing w/ AIR is anyone has that info also!

thanks
Old 06-07-2005, 10:17 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bye-Bye EGR

making the EGR block off plate should be easy enough, but if you don't have any way of constructing one Accel makes some. i can not remember if the will fit the LT-1. i can check it when i go into work tomorrow and get you the PT#s. i plan on doing this myself. i would have done it earlier but i have a friend that replaced his and it took him 3 hours so i am not looking forward to it. plus i rarely get 3 hours to spend to myself. check back tomorrow and i will have PT#s for you.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:47 AM
12 Second Club

cool man, i guess i do need to get exactly what plates, plugs, etc necessary for this in advance.
Old 06-08-2005, 06:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default block EGR off plates

Originally Posted by The LT1 That Could
cool man, i guess i do need to get exactly what plates, plugs, etc necessary for this in advance.

The part numbers are 74203L and 74203S. Both I believe are unfortunately for fords. I looked at the EGR valve gasket and these part number are more symmetrical than the gasket. Sorry but this wouldn’t help. Looks like your back to making your own again. Just go to some place like Lowe’s and get a piece of aluminum. Get a new gasket and trace just the outside edges of the gasket and it mounting holes onto the metal. Cut it, grind it, do what ever you can with the tools you have to make it the same shape as the gasket and then drill the holes. A dermal could help a lot. Again sorry about the part numbers no working out.

As far as any sensors and trouble codes I have heard that it will and it will not cause the check engine light to come on. Anybody have more input on that? I would think that it probably would and I don’t know how to prevent that.
Old 06-08-2005, 05:05 PM
12 Second Club

im not really concerned w/ the SES light, car will need a retune in a few months anyways. wouldnt it work the same if i went to a dealer and asked for all EGR block off plates for a 96 LT4 Corvette. I know thet have the valve block off....pass. side header will prolly need to be fabbed, but the other 2 for the intake should be available.

Quick Reply: EGR Delete