LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 383 LE2, ported intake, rocker arms???

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2005, 07:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LT1 383 LE2, ported intake, rocker arms???

All of you have convinced me to port my heads with my 383 before I get my nitrous. I am thinking of going with the LE2 package with my 383, because it didn't show much horsepower difference between the LE2 and LE3 on a stock LT1 or am I wrong. Would there be a big difference on my 383 unlike the 350? Also would you guys recommend Lloyd to custom grind my cam for nitrous or should I use someone else to custom grind the cam and just use him for just porting the heads. Should I port my intake/runners, does it make that much difference and does anyone have any horsepower numbers that ported intake/runners give? And last question, if LLoyd does both my cam and LE2 package does he give me new rocker arms or am I suppose to just use my stock ones or should I go with 1.6. Sorry for all the questions I just want to get everything right. Thanks for any help.
Old 06-08-2005, 08:10 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by djm_e22
All of you have convinced me to port my heads with my 383 before I get my nitrous. I am thinking of going with the LE2 package with my 383, because it didn't show much horsepower difference between the LE2 and LE3 on a stock LT1 or am I wrong. Would there be a big difference on my 383 unlike the 350? Also would you guys recommend Lloyd to custom grind my cam for nitrous or should I use someone else to custom grind the cam and just use him for just porting the heads. Should I port my intake/runners, does it make that much difference and does anyone have any horsepower numbers that ported intake/runners give? And last question, if LLoyd does both my cam and LE2 package does he give me new rocker arms or am I suppose to just use my stock ones or should I go with 1.6. Sorry for all the questions I just want to get everything right. Thanks for any help.

I would recommend better than the stock castings for porting if your going 383. Even with the outstanding job Lloyd does, they still WON'T flow enough to get the maximum potential out of 383 cubic inches of displacement. If you can't afford getting at minimum some GM LT4 castings for Lloyd to port, I would recommend sticking with the stock or close (350-355) displacement and go with the LE2 package. You would still be right at 400 RWHP. Just my $0.02
Old 06-09-2005, 12:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Running non stock castings would be ideal, but what are your goals for the car? le3 Stock castings on a 383 with the le3 cam should run high 10's n/a.

Quick Reply: LT1 383 LE2, ported intake, rocker arms???