LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1s with braided lines in their engine bay?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2005, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by n2oblkz
My engine bay can be seen here:

http://img212.exs.cx/gal.php?g=benscar9mx.jpg

Where did you get the adapters to connect braided line with the factory hardlines? Are they from Pure Choice?

Dave
Old 06-27-2005, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Posted by: Dave95Formula
Where did you get the adapters to connect braided line with the factory hardlines? Are they from Pure Choice?

Dave
Yes, they are from Pure Choice Motorsports.
Old 06-28-2005, 01:20 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

n20 they went on perfect! However a side bar or word of caution. When putting the adapters on the lines at the bottom of the car be ready for a headache installing them. Since the lines are so old they have buildup and won't slide on at all. I had to take a dremel and polish them and put a dab of oil for mine to slide on. Took me all of 3 hrs doing that but the tops went on in seconds. Since I'm a 93 I had to order -6 an 90 elbows because my fuel lines are located up in the front of the intake vs the back and I couldn't put my STB back on....well I did but had to bend the steel lines temporarily. I'll post pics once the elbows arrive.
Old 06-28-2005, 07:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Posted by: SRZ
n20 they went on perfect! However a side bar or word of caution. When putting the adapters on the lines at the bottom of the car be ready for a headache installing them. Since the lines are so old they have buildup and won't slide on at all. I had to take a dremel and polish them and put a dab of oil for mine to slide on. Took me all of 3 hrs doing that but the tops went on in seconds. Since I'm a 93 I had to order -6 an 90 elbows because my fuel lines are located up in the front of the intake vs the back and I couldn't put my STB back on....well I did but had to bend the steel lines temporarily. I'll post pics once the elbows arrive.
I'm glad to hear that they worked out for you, I was wondering how it went. I had to work on mine under the car to and kind of polish them up to get them to go on.
Old 06-28-2005, 08:21 AM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by n2oblkz
I'm glad to hear that they worked out for you, I was wondering how it went. I had to work on mine under the car to and kind of polish them up to get them to go on.
I was wondering how you did it. Even though the directions said not to damage or scratch them as they may not seal. I was like "the hell w/ that!" worse case I just run steel lines all the way to the tank!

I needed 8ft exactly and I'm glad I ordered 8ft as well. But now that I ordered those -an elbow's I probably could route them the other way vs running exactly in place of the stk lines which I have them doing now. Only reason I haven't is because of the delteq sitting on that valve cover plus I'm run a braided line from the shrader valve as well for my AFPR. Too much all in one spot.

Thanks again.

Quick Reply: LT1s with braided lines in their engine bay?