LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

The TWS Engine Swap Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 05:15 PM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bizzzatch350
Jeeeze man how many time do I have to tell you, when they stunts are done by a trained profesional and do not atempt at home, they really mean it

Yes.....I need to work on my stunts!!
Old 09-07-2005, 06:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Project is looking good. Makes me wish i was outta school.
Old 09-08-2005, 12:28 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 97LT1
Project is looking good.
Thanks! Read your sig. My 355 LT1 that I just pulled out and sold was running the Comp 503 cam. Good little cam. Sounded mean as hell through the true duals and ran pretty well. Now I have the CC 306 with an AFR rev kit, so it feels like (and I should) I have a wider powerband than the 503. But nonetheless, the 503 was fun and sounded great.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:59 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Post a video TWS

Tony where a helmet
Old 09-13-2005, 11:23 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Bizzzatch350
Post a video TWS
I will when I can but it will be awhile. I don't have a video camera, so I'm at the mercy of friends who may or may not go to the track and may or may not bring their camera.

Just got the new fuel pump setup. I've got to burn up/drain this tank of gas and then I'll figure out when I have time to do the install.

Tony and I have to throw it on the dyno and check the tune and then off to the track I go.
Old 09-13-2005, 05:23 PM
On The Tree

Todd, I'd be willing to let you borrow my Camcorder, compress and host the video for you.

PM me on AFB if your interested as I don't check this board often.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:41 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by StevenK
Todd, I'd be willing to let you borrow my Camcorder, compress and host the video for you.

PM me on AFB if your interested as I don't check this board often.
I appreciate it Steven, but AFB has such a weak turnout at the track, I doubt I'd find a "cameraman" to do the actual filming. Let me know if you are ever heading down to SAR and we'll link up.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:14 AM
11 Second Club

Car looks good, go beat the crap out of it..that will drain the gas.
Old 09-19-2005, 10:40 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by slowmofo
Car looks good, go beat the crap out of it..that will drain the gas.

Thanks! Yeah, I drove around Sat night looking for some action but Austin was really . After the "standard" PG-rated car show, I went to a couple of the "after hours" spots where you can sometimes get a race, but both were deserted. Pretty F'ing weak. At least I used up that tank of gas.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:01 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Well guys, I had an interesting dyno session Tuesday night. The car laid down some great numbers, right from the first pull and the A/F was pretty good. That showed that the tune Tony put in was pretty damn close to begin with. We kept on getting some KR. Not sure if it was trying to detonate or if I have something that's rattling somewhere. We are going to investigate/play around with that. We did about 8 pulls and tweaked the tune each time. Did not discover the full potential of the motor because the stock fuel pump could not keep up!!! Fuel pressure would drop 10 PSI after 6000 RPM and the motor was still making power up to 6700 (and perhaps beyond, but that's as high as we were twisting it, it still hadn't fallen off! )

I know it sounds like I'm a dumbass, trying to run a 385 stroker off a stock pump, but as you know the road to hell is paved with good intentions. I have the Walbro pump and Racetronix harness kit but did not get time to install them before the dyno appointment. I was so eager to get some numbers and check the tune that I decided to go ahead and strap the car on.

I will reveal the numbers, but don't want to do it quit yet as there are a few local hot shoes around here that want a match-up (begging for me to blow their doors off is more like it ) Reading between the lines, you can infer that they were good numbers. After a few smackdowns have been performed, I will post the actual RWHP/RWTQ.
Old 09-22-2005, 11:18 AM
8 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TWS
Well guys, I had an interesting dyno session Tuesday night. The car laid down some great numbers, right from the first pull and the A/F was pretty good. That showed that the tune Tony put in was pretty damn close to begin with. We kept on getting some KR. Not sure if it was trying to detonate or if I have something that's rattling somewhere. We are going to investigate/play around with that. We did about 8 pulls and tweaked the tune each time. Did not discover the full potential of the motor because the stock fuel pump could not keep up!!! Fuel pressure would drop 10 PSI after 6000 RPM and the motor was still making power up to 6700 (and perhaps beyond, but that's as high as we were twisting it, it still hadn't fallen off! )

I know it sounds like I'm a dumbass, trying to run a 385 stroker off a stock pump, but as you know the road to hell is paved with good intentions. I have the Walbro pump and Racetronix harness kit but did not get time to install them before the dyno appointment. I was so eager to get some numbers and check the tune that I decided to go ahead and strap the car on.

I will reveal the numbers, but don't want to do it quit yet as there are a few local hot shoes around here that want a match-up (begging for me to blow their doors off is more like it ) Reading between the lines, you can infer that they were good numbers. After a few smackdowns have been performed, I will post the actual RWHP/RWTQ.
I am very impressed with Todd's car!! It put down some great numbers!!
Old 09-22-2005, 11:42 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by TWS

Oh man! You're gonna have to post a video up of the decimation of the victims as well! Keep us posted
Old 09-22-2005, 01:59 PM
12 Second Club

What, yer gunna decimate me?!!?

I think I know whom you are referring to. If I'm right, even I should be able to beat that person, so you ought to stomp him senseless.
Old 09-22-2005, 02:15 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

TWS, congrats on the progress!

Did you ever sell that 355 or is it still available?
Let me know: jhsformula@aol.com
Thanks, Jason
Old 09-22-2005, 02:58 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Thanks Guys!

Jason: I sold the 355 LT1. The guy who bought it is dropping it into his '97 SS that previously just had a few bolt ons. He's going to have a stiffy with that motor compared to his stock one.

Toddler (Ouija): it's actually a few people and some of the races might be close, but I don't want to show my cards until afterwards.

Metalbeast: I hope to have videos. I lost all my previous ones when our office at work was burglarized and the bastards got my laptop.
Old 09-27-2005, 01:17 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Here are some updates:

Pulled the 10 bolt and the gas tank in preparation for the Walbro pump, Racetronix harness, and Strange 12 bolt.

It was 108 degrees Sunday, so we stopped after the disassembly. Too freakin hot to go any further.
Attached Thumbnails The TWS Engine Swap Thread-motorswap-022smaller.jpg   The TWS Engine Swap Thread-motorswap-023smaller.jpg   The TWS Engine Swap Thread-motorswap-024smaller.jpg   The TWS Engine Swap Thread-motorswap-025smaller.jpg   The TWS Engine Swap Thread-motorswap-027smaller.jpg  

Old 09-27-2005, 01:52 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by TWS
It was 108 degrees Sunday, so we stopped after the disassembly. Too freakin hot to go any further.
pfffttt..... babies!!!
Old 09-27-2005, 06:07 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by slowmofo
pfffttt..... babies!!!

Just ordered the Wolfe Racecraft swaybar. I might be crying like a baby first time that thing launches.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:58 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TWS

Just ordered the Wolfe Racecraft swaybar. I might be crying like a baby first time that thing launches.

Thunder man, lets see it, I'm making the trip from Houston, come on with it, I dont mind getting drug on by another LT1
Old 09-30-2005, 09:11 AM
TWS
10 Second Club

Allrighty, making progress.

2 nights ago Solid95Z and I installed the new Walbro pump, the racetronix harness, and reinstalled the gas tank.

Last night Greg and I threw the Strange 12 bolt in.

Now I'm just waiting on my Wolfe Racecraft rear swaybar and another dyno session.
Attached Thumbnails The TWS Engine Swap Thread-motorswap-028smaller.jpg   The TWS Engine Swap Thread-motorswap-029smaller.jpg   The TWS Engine Swap Thread-motorswap-030smaller.jpg   The TWS Engine Swap Thread-motorswap-031smaller.jpg  

Quick Reply: The TWS Engine Swap Thread