LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

removing engine need help quick

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2005, 11:01 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default removing engine need help quick

OK I am ready to remove the engine, and I have every thing unbolted and taken off etc. I have a 6 speed so we tried to remove the engine last night by unbolting the engine completely from the bellhousing but it felt like we were running into some resistance. I know first the engine needs to come completely forward but something wasnt allowing it.

Should I remove the engine with the bellhousing still on, would this be easier? Is the clutch on these cars bolted to the flywheel? What is the best way to go about this so i can get this thing out of my car today?

ALso one side note, i wanted to post pictures for you guys, but all the pictures i took are from a digital camara so the picture sizes are like 700 kb. How can i change the file type or make the picture a smaller size to post them. Thanks!
Old 09-13-2005, 09:18 PM
On The Tree

to the top. please help, is there a website that tells the step by step of removing the engine?
Old 09-13-2005, 09:31 PM
On The Tree

I think you have to pull the clutch fork to get it out.
Old 09-13-2005, 10:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yeah, disengage the clutch fork by moving it to the left and out. Otherwise you'll never get the tranny separated from the engine. Also, did you disengage the slave cylinder?

Eric Bazan
Old 09-17-2005, 02:13 AM
Staging Lane

I assume you have taken care of it by now, but yes the clutch fork is stopping you. To get the clutch fork out, you have to reach the bolt securing it to the tranny (11 or 13mm?), but pulling a motor is far easier with the tranny attached, rather than reaching that bolt while under the car, then realigning the motor to the tranny with the tranny still in the car. Using a happy hooker to go out the top?

Quick Reply: removing engine need help quick