LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

True Duals?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2005, 01:51 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

X, for flow and a litl more top end power. H, for sound and lower end torque. Not a big difference in either but its what you prefer. Im going with an H.
Old 09-25-2005, 01:59 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've listened to nearly every LT1 clip on that site at one time or another

Can someone send a direct link to the X pipe kit on summit? I can't find it

I'm going to be doing LTs once money allows, and if dumped true duals aren't way more expensive than a y-pipe, I may go for it
Old 09-25-2005, 02:04 PM
hashtagBMW

http://store.summitracing.com/defaul...=egnsearch.asp
Old 09-25-2005, 02:05 PM
hashtagBMW

****, nvm, go to search and put this in flatlander "Sum-642130"
Old 09-26-2005, 12:49 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by edlt1
So those of you with true duals.

What do you think of them?

Is the ground clearence a problem?

Is it really worth the extra problems?

I have been talked into Long tubes and I am thinking about hooker cat back

Only I am questioning True duals with Texas Speed duals

Let me know if its worth it?

Thanks anyone that posts

Something else to think about is how much you drive the car. If you drive it constantly or take it on trips anywhere, you may get tired of the sound or there might be too much drone. Are you planning on dumping it under the car? My buddy has true duals dumped before the axle on his LS1 car and while it sounds badass when he's in it, even he is thinking about going back to a y-pipe and catback for a little more streetability. The car is just a little too loud for doing a lot of street driving. I have true duals dumped before the axle on my LT1 but I actually have 4 mufflers instead of most people's 2. I have a H-pipe with 2 bullet mufflers and 2 spiral flows. I think it sounds perfect. It's not too loud with the dumps but it sounds great WOT. It's a little more streetable than my buddies car. It only has a little bit of a drone at certain rpm but otherwise it is perfect.

As far as ground clearance, I don't have too much of a problem, although I do scrape the tips sometimes if I go over certain bumps or RR tracks. I guess it depends on what kind of system you get. I've seen some fit a lot better than others. Mine actually tucks up pretty well under the car but it still scrapes every now and then. No big deal. Plus, I love the way the car looks without the tips in the back. Anyway, good luck with what you decide. And if you decide to go the route of a y-pipe, I have one for sale and I see you're from Michigan. The y-pipe is custom made with O2 bungs already welded in although it was made off my Hooker LT's and I saw you said you're getting pacesetters so it probably wouldn't be your best option. Just throwin' it out there in case you're interested. Good luck and let us know what you decide on.
Old 09-26-2005, 02:39 PM
Teching In

You guys make it sound so easy, from what I've heard it is more simple to just get a high flow cat-back. Where do you run the pipe off of the drivers side. Do you have to make adjustments to the suspension. Would love to have true duals, but never had the right information on installation
Old 09-26-2005, 03:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've been hearing some of the cars and they list a CC 306 cam???? Is this I take it made by Comp Cams??
Old 09-26-2005, 03:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1993CaMaRoZ28ofIdAhO
****, nvm, go to search and put this in flatlander "Sum-642130"

Thanks!

So to do duals, you just need that kit, two bullets, and a few other things to bolt it all up?
Old 09-26-2005, 04:15 PM
hashtagBMW

Yea, its kinda simple like that, your going to either want to go to www.drgas.com and buy there x pipe, and then go to your local muffler shopee and have then fab some 3in pipe on, or get that summit kit, then get bullets. Her is what im doing, that kit, then bulllets, turndowns 2 cats, becuase i live in idaho and we have to have emissions, then im gettin my pacesetter LTs, and that should be it. Total price, $700. install for headers expensive but i have an older guy who knows his **** about camaros, helping me and then the True duals is prob about 75 for install.

Quick Reply: True Duals?