LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT4 cam kit

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 12:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Compstall
Most people buy a Hotcam if they're on a budget. It's better than NO cam, and the LE1 is still over DOUBLE the price, and you didn't even include all the incidentals.

......keep flexin' those keyboard muscles kid.

No, most people buy the Hot Cam because they have either been misinformed or are unfamiliar with LTX performance cams. Keep dreaming of how wonderfully fast your "hot cammed" car is. 327 RWHP Please, I don't care if you are still running stock manifolds (why any idiot would do that with a modified car is just stupid) there are people putting that or more down with just boltons. Again I stated MY OPINION about the Hot Cam. There is MUCH better out there for CHEAPER. All of you Hot Cam nutswingers chill out and go have a circle jerk for Pete's Sake
Old 11-27-2005, 01:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by METALBEAST
No, most people buy the Hot Cam because they have either been misinformed or are unfamiliar with LTX performance cams. Keep dreaming of how wonderfully fast your "hot cammed" car is. 327 RWHP Please, I don't care if you are still running stock manifolds (why any idiot would do that with a modified car is just stupid) there are people putting that or more down with just boltons. Again I stated MY OPINION about the Hot Cam. There is MUCH better out there for CHEAPER. All of you Hot Cam nutswingers chill out and go have a circle jerk for Pete's Sake
Yes, I bought it because I was on a budget. I'm happy w/ the rwhp I made with what I have. I'm on a budget, and refuse to pay for anything on my car w/ a credit card. I could have a faster car if I wanted to; how many credit card queens do you know of? YOU go out and throw down $700 for a set of headers for me so I don't have to be 'stupid' anymore k? You find a cam that's CHEAPER than the Hotcam ($169 new). I actually only paid $100 for mine used.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

so the point of arguing opinions is?? yes you all have opinions and they're all stinky like your big brown buttholes.

if you like the hotcam, shut up and get one.

if you don't like the hotcam, shut up and don't get one.

Old 11-27-2005, 01:39 PM
12 Second Club

Yes, I bought it because I was on a budget. I'm happy w/ the rwhp I made with what I have. I'm on a budget, and refuse to pay for anything on my car w/ a credit card. I could have a faster car if I wanted to; how many credit card queens do you know of? YOU go out and throw down $700 for a set of headers for me so I don't have to be 'stupid' anymore k? You find a cam that's CHEAPER than the Hotcam ($169 new). I actually only paid $100 for mine used.
$700 for headers? More like $285 for a set of Pacesetter LTs? And who buys just the CAM? Please don't tell me you're using the stock springs, rockers and lifters. Forgive me for trying to steer someone away from buying something I think they will regret.
Old 11-27-2005, 01:41 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by RoAdRaGe912
so the point of arguing opinions is?? yes you all have opinions and they're all stinky like your big brown buttholes.

if you like the hotcam, shut up and get one.

if you don't like the hotcam, shut up and don't get one.

Well you sure as hell wanted to tell everyone how "ignorant" they were about suggesting something other than a Hot Cam so why don't you take your own damned advice and
Old 11-27-2005, 01:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

No, most people buy the Hot Cam because they have either been misinformed or are unfamiliar with LTX performance cams.
I am with MetalBeast on this not that it can't work or anything but this is the primary reason for it's popularity. Hell you open a car mag where they are building a blower motor and they talk it up before saying oh yeah we aren't going to use it with the blower and oh yeah that awesome shortblock we bought we are tearing it down to put in the right pistons. They are happy to talk those parts up because they didn't buy them had they been paying they would have bought the right parts but when parts are free they have to talk them up and that is how all the LT4 stuff gets so much attention NOT because it is the begining and end of LTX performance because it is not.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The hotcam kit is alright, but I'm with Metalbeast on this one. There's a little bit of misinformation being spread around in this thread. The hotcam kit is alright, but it's a very mild cam compared to some of the grinds out there right now. There are much better cams you can go with that will be just as streetable but make more power, such as an comp xe 224/230.

To the slow fella who said to stop arguing opinions- the point of arguing opinions is to give users looking for advice the best advice possible. If people stopped arguing opinions, this forum would be a pretty damned desolate place.
Old 11-27-2005, 02:58 PM
Teching In

Listen you stupid ******* newb. An LE1 H/C cost $1100. Yet you think its OK to waste time and money putting in $500 for a yesteryear cam like the Hot Cam. Whether you realize it or not fucktard, he is going to have to change the springs, rockers, lifters, etc..NOT something easy to do from someone who has never done it before. He asked for advice and I gave it asswipe.

Now go back and play with your Tinker Toys and Barbie dolls...the MEN are haveing a discussion here.
haha...damn someones E-muscles are flexing big time Ok so i will go play with my "tinker toys and barbie dolls" while you're still having a fun time in the 12's..."asswipe" You're imputting something that the main thread starter never asked about...did he ever say, i want head too??? No fuckface, just talk bout cams. Heads are a different story. And btw there are many Cam only cars out there, not ever cam'ed car has ****** heads....you non-newb.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:01 PM
Teching In

The main point is...wheather he is on a budget or not. If he is, then the hot cam kit is the way to go...everything included for around $515shipped. If he isnt on a budget then yes, try to go for something a little bigger but will surely cost you more.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:37 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by black97z28
haha...damn someones E-muscles are flexing big time Ok so i will go play with my "tinker toys and barbie dolls" while you're still having a fun time in the 12's..."asswipe" You're imputting something that the main thread starter never asked about...did he ever say, i want head too??? No fuckface, just talk bout cams. Heads are a different story. And btw there are many Cam only cars out there, not ever cam'ed car has ****** heads....you non-newb.
Jesus Christ would you just go away. First off, yes my Vette was a 12 second car...with 2.59s, street tires and a shitty 60'. Who gives a ****? You were the one who started with the insults. I like I said earlier, I was trying to steer the guy from making a mistake. And $515 for a shitty cam vs $600 more for kick *** heads AND a cam. My point by mentioning the LE1 package was that he would get a helluva lot more for by spending just a bit more on the entire package than to waste it on the Hot Cam. OK Tard?
Old 11-27-2005, 03:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

haha, wow. i was more making fun of the thread that had really become useless arguing of opinion (just the last couple of posts before that post of mine, not the worthwhile info from the beginning). i will be the first to argue biased opinion based on technical info about something so really, it was a joke, and pretty ironic.

i think i'm probably the best person i've seen in here to give info about it really. i have the hotcam in my car, but am not a fan of it. at least i can be realistic about it and apply it to whatever situtation was being asked about. sure it's a decent cam, but it's way too tiny for what i would want. i only have it because the entire kit was $125 from a friend and had maybe 200 miles on it. we're talking cam, rockers, springs, retainers, locks, locators, and extra studs. that deal is pretty much impossible to pass up when i wasn't planning on camming this motor anyway and was going to spend that 125 twice already to get springs and 1.6 RRs.

i didn't say anything about anyone being ignorant for suggesting sometihng other than the hot cam. i even said that this same kid made another post and i suggest at least two other cams for him. I MYSELF DO NOT LIKE THE HOTCAM. i just answered what was asked and gave factual information about it.

Last edited by RoAdRaGe912; 11-27-2005 at 03:59 PM.
Old 11-27-2005, 03:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vendetta
The hotcam kit is alright, but I'm with Metalbeast on this one. There's a little bit of misinformation being spread around in this thread. The hotcam kit is alright, but it's a very mild cam compared to some of the grinds out there right now. There are much better cams you can go with that will be just as streetable but make more power, such as an comp xe 224/230.

To the slow fella who said to stop arguing opinions- the point of arguing opinions is to give users looking for advice the best advice possible. If people stopped arguing opinions, this forum would be a pretty damned desolate place.

i agree there is definitley some misinformation in here. i typed out a response to the 327 rwhp with stock manifolds but decided to try and let the thread die. something is wrong there and thinking that you will get 350 rwhp is pretty ignorant. if you do see 350, then you need to try a different set of rollers or get your cam spec'd out.

i was the slow guy u said, but like i said in my post above, it was a joke making fun of this thread. the cc503 (the cam u mentioned) is one of the ones i suggested to this kid in his other thread along with an even larger XE grind (230/236).
Old 11-27-2005, 03:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally wld not buy the hotcam, he'll have to buy it install it(even worse pay someone) and then end up wanting to go bigger and have to buy a new cam and re-install(or pay again). My philosphy is save for the right parts the first time and do it right. I have learned this via many mistakes!
Old 11-27-2005, 04:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that was the main reason i got mine. i had done quite a bit more than just simple cam swaps already so i had my whole cam swap done for 125 plus around 100 for gaskets.

if i planned to keep the car i'd put a bigger bump stick in it, but i don't so i'm not.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:35 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 97blkz
I personally wld not buy the hotcam, he'll have to buy it install it(even worse pay someone) and then end up wanting to go bigger and have to buy a new cam and re-install(or pay again). My philosphy is save for the right parts the first time and do it right. I have learned this via many mistakes!
i agree with you. theres a lot of hair pullin going on. but ultimately this guy just wants advice on an ebay sale. It probably is better to save his money and invest in a h/c package with a tune to go with it. But in the end he just wanted to kno if it was worth it or not to buy a hotcam kit. The popular argument is to not do it. Great. Point made but its stupid when people start arguing with one another over personal opinions beyond the hotcam, thats dumb I believe he even said he got what he wanted from the thread. This thread needs to go away.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:51 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

For a first time cam I would argue it is better to error on the mild side, if you do you still enjoy the car more than stock but just want more power. If you go too big and don't like the manners cars often get parked or sold rather than going through the hassle of another swap on a car you no longer enjoy I have seen it happen.
With the little cam I have I knew if anything it would be smaller than I could enjoy longterm but it was my first swap and being such was to a degree a leap of faith. Could I live with lesser street "manners" yes which is why I am working on a heads and cam package but that does not mean I regret the little cam in the meantime. There is a lot to be said for doing it right the first time but till you have a little actual experiance with cams in your own car you will always be guessing at exactly what "right" is hence the argument from me on the better to error too small.
Old 11-27-2005, 06:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

$700 for headers? More like $285 for a set of Pacesetter LTs? And who buys just the CAM? Please don't tell me you're using the stock springs, rockers and lifters. Forgive me for trying to steer someone away from buying something I think they will regret.
That would go against what you're trying to tell us in the first place wouldn't it? Why spend $285 when I can spend $700 and get what I really want? OR, why don't we all just live in cheap apartments for the rest of our lives until we can afford a 1/2-million dollar house because "we'd all regret it". OR, why don't YOU hold off on that other guy, you can suck MY dick; it's a hell of a lot bigger, and it'll choke yer ***, but you'll like it much better.

We all know that valve springs, rockers, and lifters go along with it all. I was comparing the cost of the cam. You're still flapping your gums but haven't come up with a cam that costs less than the Hotcam new.

I didn't regret the purchase. I knew exactly what I was getting, I knew exactly where I wanted to be, and the Hotcam got me there.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:09 PM
12 Second Club

That would go against what you're trying to tell us in the first place wouldn't it? Why spend $285 when I can spend $700 and get what I really want? OR, why don't we all just live in cheap apartments for the rest of our lives until we can afford a 1/2-million dollar house because "we'd all regret it". OR, why don't YOU hold off on that other guy, you can suck MY dick; it's a hell of a lot bigger, and it'll choke yer ***, but you'll like it much better.

We all know that valve springs, rockers, and lifters go along with it all. I was comparing the cost of the cam. You're still flapping your gums but haven't come up with a cam that costs less than the Hotcam new.

I didn't regret the purchase. I knew exactly what I was getting, I knew exactly where I wanted to be, and the Hotcam got me there.
Was that mindless post suppose to make any sense?

"I bought a USED cam for a $100 but am willing to pay $700 for headers" Tell you what, I have a half eaten Subway sub in the kitchen I'll sell you for a buck. Guess that would be a "deal" to you too What kind of a ******* dumbshit are you?

Again, I suggested something and three of you idiots whose LT1 knowledge would fill up a ******* thimble jumped all over me about it. And why the hell are you so damned hung up on the cost of the CAM alone? Who gives a rats ***? You still have to buy all of the other accessories. I suggested a relatively cheap H/C package that makes great power and had excellent street manners. And it is just as easy (if not easier) to just swap the heads out than to **** around putting new springs and retainers on his stock heads. Then again I am talking to a GENIUS that puts a cam in a car and runs the stock exhaust system. Do me a favor, why don't you go jump on that **** bike and drive off the tallest cliff in Arizona.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

u including me in those three??

i dunno why you would. i know my ****. i don't even like the hotcam which i have posted, but i'm not blinded by an opinion either way. i just answered the only questions asked and talked about the factual information of the cam.

this has gotten pretty stupid. yes different opinions lead down different paths and let everybody see different sides and all that crap, but really, this now is just opinion that is leading to nothing. somebody likes it and somebody doesn't and now it's just name calling.
Old 11-27-2005, 07:50 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by RoAdRaGe912
u including me in those three??

i dunno why you would. i know my ****. i don't even like the hotcam which i have posted, but i'm not blinded by an opinion either way. i just answered the only questions asked and talked about the factual information of the cam.

this has gotten pretty stupid. yes different opinions lead down different paths and let everybody see different sides and all that crap, but really, this now is just opinion that is leading to nothing. somebody likes it and somebody doesn't and now it's just name calling.
No. I did not mean to direct that to you. Sorry if it came across that way. I am referring to the 3 little pigs who have made it a point to insult me throughout this thread

Quick Reply: LT4 cam kit