LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

cc306...injector upgrade needed?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2005 | 02:07 AM
Staging Lane

Default cc306...injector upgrade needed?

with a cc306 and mods in sig would i need to upgrade injectors?
Old 12-06-2005 | 02:10 AM
On The Tree

30lb wouldn't hurt.
Old 12-06-2005 | 02:13 AM
Staging Lane

yeah i would eventally want to upgrade but i mean could car be driven in the mean time? like a couple of weeks
Old 12-06-2005 | 02:30 AM
On The Tree

You need at least a mail order tune to drive it. It would probably be fine for awhile though.
Old 12-06-2005 | 02:39 AM
Staging Lane

yeah i will have a tune..thanks
Old 12-06-2005 | 02:40 AM
Staging Lane

i guess i'll be on the look out for some 30lbs for now
Old 12-06-2005 | 07:27 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DarkDemon
i guess i'll be on the look out for some 30lbs for now
Your money would be much better spent on a tune. The 24 lbs are good for low tens on a N/A LT1.

Daren
Old 12-06-2005 | 08:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Injectors are based on size of the engine and rpm. Ands exactly how many cars running 24# injectors do you know that are running low tens.
Old 12-06-2005 | 09:13 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sbcgenII
Injectors are based on size of the engine and rpm. Ands exactly how many cars running 24# injectors do you know that are running low tens.
Just about every LT1 in Stock Eliminator runs 24lb injectors. The 30's just don't work as well.

Daren
Old 12-06-2005 | 10:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yes and those cars are the exact same as a street car. I am going to use some 19lbs with a t88 because they work better. The truth is those cars weigh alot less and they probably dont run on 50psi fuel pressure either.
Old 12-06-2005 | 10:50 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by sbcgenII
Yes and those cars are the exact same as a street car. I am going to use some 19lbs with a t88 because they work better. The truth is those cars weigh alot less and they probably dont run on 50psi fuel pressure either.
What's your problem? If they will support my 3200 lb car at WOT (50 PSI) they should be fine in the above stated CC-306 set-up. The factory throttle body would be fine too, but that is another can of worms!

Take Care,

Daren
Old 12-06-2005 | 12:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

My problem is that you are telling people that they dont need injectors cause low ten second cars are running them.
Old 12-06-2005 | 12:48 PM
TECH Resident

Not trying to start a fight but my car ran 11.20@120mph with them also. Just stating that it's easy for the stock injectors to support 390+rwhp so they don't have to be changed soon. I am still running the stockers with my new heads/intake setup that should run 10's but haven't to the dyno yet to see how it's running. It runs well on the street though. Later Clint
Old 12-06-2005 | 01:02 PM
TECH Addict

the only problem is that injector duty cycle will be higher than 85%. for a few weeks thi isn't bad. if you put too much pressure to get enough fuel without too much duty cycle, you stand a chance of the car not having a stable idle and possibly a locked injector.
Old 12-06-2005 | 01:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Not to pick a fight here but you dont pick injectors by what you run in the quarter mile.
Old 12-06-2005 | 01:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

http://www.rceng.com/technical.htm stickie in the fuel section
Old 12-06-2005 | 06:23 PM
11 Second Club

What guys make work in racing classes and what we should do on the street are two different things. Taking a true 24lbs at 43.5psi injector and hitting it with 50psi makes it act as a 25.7lbs.
You have to also consider RPMs, if you make your power at lower rpms then the injector has more time to be able to spray the necessary fuel a high reving cam like the CC306 with stock fuel pressure WILL benifit from larger than stock injectors as the stockers will be open so long as to not fully close and actual flow will become comparatively erratic not to mention it is hard on injectors and most injectors are recommended be kept below 80-85% duty cycle which is one easier on them and two allows them to fully close so the pcm is accurately able to control pulse width.

Heck with my little baby cam I am cleanly in the upper 80s for DC and spiking over that.

Another thing to consider is the tuning a "safe" mailorder tune is going to be richer than a max effort race tune meaning again you would need a larger injector. Can we and do we learn things on track we apply to street cars yes but that does not mean that everything right for race cars is right for street cars.

Your car would be drivable with a tune and the stock injectors, when you get larger injectors you have to then have the tune redone for them. NEVER drive a car with a tune for injectors other than what it is programmed for the pcm can add and remove fuel from the base program but not a lot and certainly not as much as the leaps between injector size ratings. Put 30lbs in a car tuned for 24 and you will run extremely rich most likely washing down the cylinders and contaminating the oil go long enough and it can detonate to death or wipe out the bearings and cylinder walls. Go the other way and run smaler injectors than tuned for and it will detonate to death.
Old 12-06-2005 | 07:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
What guys make work in racing classes and what we should do on the street are two different things. Taking a true 24lbs at 43.5psi injector and hitting it with 50psi makes it act as a 25.7lbs.
You have to also consider RPMs, if you make your power at lower rpms then the injector has more time to be able to spray the necessary fuel a high reving cam like the CC306 with stock fuel pressure WILL benifit from larger than stock injectors as the stockers will be open so long as to not fully close and actual flow will become comparatively erratic not to mention it is hard on injectors and most injectors are recommended be kept below 80-85% duty cycle which is one easier on them and two allows them to fully close so the pcm is accurately able to control pulse width.

Heck with my little baby cam I am cleanly in the upper 80s for DC and spiking over that.

Another thing to consider is the tuning a "safe" mailorder tune is going to be richer than a max effort race tune meaning again you would need a larger injector. Can we and do we learn things on track we apply to street cars yes but that does not mean that everything right for race cars is right for street cars.

Your car would be drivable with a tune and the stock injectors, when you get larger injectors you have to then have the tune redone for them. NEVER drive a car with a tune for injectors other than what it is programmed for the pcm can add and remove fuel from the base program but not a lot and certainly not as much as the leaps between injector size ratings. Put 30lbs in a car tuned for 24 and you will run extremely rich most likely washing down the cylinders and contaminating the oil go long enough and it can detonate to death or wipe out the bearings and cylinder walls. Go the other way and run smaler injectors than tuned for and it will detonate to death.

thanks for typing that out so i didn't have to. you should go with some bigger injectors.

stock eliminator is NOTHING like a daily driven street car or just a street car really. i don't even know how you could think there is any way to compare the two.

Quick Reply: cc306...injector upgrade needed?