LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

32valve LT1 Progress...

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2005, 01:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SStrokerAce
Tell me about frankenstien..... I'm using Ferrea valves made for Nissan motors. New valve guides and a good amount of port work, and probably throwing some beehives. Oh and OldSStrokers new shaft mounts.

I think we're going solid on them.

Bret
PM awaits you
Old 11-04-2006, 02:51 AM
Teching In

Just a quick email to find out some more info on the multi valve guru.. Short story We run a door slammer (Promod) here in Sydney Australia & have placed an order in January for a one off custom set of 32 valve ARAO all billet Ford heads (Cleveland style) to suit our alloy Fontana. What we ordered were BILLET solids “no water” with custom porting to suit our Hogan’s blower sheet metal intake.. etc etc.. we also ordered all Manley valve train in Titanium etc etc... We spoke with Manley today and they have NO order from Arao…This order had an agreed lead-time of 16-20 weeks MFG. Now we are sitting in November and since the order is paid in FULL to Russ we’re a little concerned!!! , we were told that if we wire funds in FULL our order then gets expedited. We are very patient with him, we know this is a unique product and sometimes things happen and orders get delayed. My question is... has anyone here personally visited the shop and what’s your impression? Any help is really really appreciated.

Cheers, Kev
Sydney Australia.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fatal LT1
Hell yeah. I always love to hear "700+ hp" and "street car" in the same sentence.
along with n/a.

OMG THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO RESTRICTION ON THE AIRFLOW COMING OUT OF THE EXHAUST!!!! your car will be spitting out air like this guy spitting out barf
Old 11-04-2006, 06:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I say run an LT5 Intake to complete the Frankenstien montage God that's insane though! Good luck with it
Old 11-04-2006, 07:28 AM
Staging Lane

goodbye low-mid torque! now you can join the mustang forums and complain about 32 valves down low.

question...are you going to have the secondaries open with like 95% throttle? cuz im really having a hard time figguring out how this will be streetable without you getting upset with the low end (i know i sure would want to kill someone, i already do, and my 32v'r has imrcs to stem the excess air from goin into the combustion chamber) oh wait i got it...its gonna be VTEC isnt it. you trickster you, i knew there was some honda tom foolery going on arround here.

great project, i like the work...but imo its a total waste of money.

Last edited by Mrwilson; 11-04-2006 at 07:38 AM.
Old 11-04-2006, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just a quick email to find out some more info on the multi valve guru.. Short story We run a door slammer (Promod) here in Sydney Australia & have placed an order in January for a one off custom set of 32 valve ARAO all billet Ford heads (Cleveland style) to suit our alloy Fontana. What we ordered were BILLET solids “no water” with custom porting to suit our Hogan’s blower sheet metal intake.. etc etc.. we also ordered all Manley valve train in Titanium etc etc... We spoke with Manley today and they have NO order from Arao…This order had an agreed lead-time of 16-20 weeks MFG. Now we are sitting in November and since the order is paid in FULL to Russ we’re a little concerned!!! , we were told that if we wire funds in FULL our order then gets expedited. We are very patient with him, we know this is a unique product and sometimes things happen and orders get delayed. My question is... has anyone here personally visited the shop and what’s your impression? Any help is really really appreciated.
good luck with your heads, I have heard Russ is kinda shady.

i bobby dosnt reply here to give an update ill give him a call in about a week to see how the car is and let yall know

I think he was moving last time I talked to him. so the car stuff was on hold.
Old 11-04-2006, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

At what point is it not an LT1 anymore?[/QUOTE]

At the point when the block is removed
Old 11-04-2006, 03:11 PM
12 Second Club

Awsome man. That is very uniqe
Old 11-04-2006, 03:32 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrwilson
goodbye low-mid torque! now you can join the mustang forums and complain about 32 valves down low.

question...are you going to have the secondaries open with like 95% throttle? cuz im really having a hard time figguring out how this will be streetable without you getting upset with the low end (i know i sure would want to kill someone, i already do, and my 32v'r has imrcs to stem the excess air from goin into the combustion chamber) oh wait i got it...its gonna be VTEC isnt it. you trickster you, i knew there was some honda tom foolery going on arround here.

great project, i like the work...but imo its a total waste of money.
Damn I didn't know drag cars had to worry about power at 2000 rpms
Old 11-04-2006, 05:45 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by speed_demon24
Damn I didn't know drag cars had to worry about power at 2000 rpms
he said its goin in a street car smarty.

Originally Posted by The Big Show

...It's more street car than anything else...
Old 11-04-2006, 08:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

anybody got a pic of the rocker arms that are goin on?
Old 11-04-2006, 08:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BILLET RACING

Cheers, Kev
Sydney Australia.
Damn Kev, I wish you would have contacted me before you did that. I would have told you to stay as far away as you can. Without getting myself in trouble I will just relay my experience as well as another and you can go from there. When I first got this project going years ago I was looking for an intake cause obviously nothing off the shelf was gonna work. So I called up Russ and he told me what he used for my particular series heads and I asked if he could hook me up with an intake. He said he would be glad to and immediately asked me how we were going to work the deal and then asked if I was just going to go ahead and send him the money. What he didn't know was I had talked to another individual that had put a deposit on a set and Russ never delivered. The guy asked me for help getting his deposit back but I told him I wanted to make sure I got my intake first but I would do what I could and he told me whatever I do DO NOT send him money first. So I told Russ that we would just do the deal C.O.D. and he agreed. Needless to say, 3+ years later I've yet to see the intake and I would contact him every few months and ask about progress and when he did decide to pick up the phone (which wasn't often) he told me he was still working on it. Obviously neither I nor the other individual was able to get what was promised. I'm not sure why the other guy didn't take other actions to get his money back but he didn't which is also something else I definitely would do different cause that deposit was hefty.

[quote=Originally Posted by Mrwilson

great project, i like the work...but imo its a total waste of money.[/quote]

Wow..you sound like one of the most incompetent people I've talked to in a while. Why don't you do some research before you start spouting off on subjects you obviously know little to nothing about.

The head design is basically taken straight from the hemi. The motor uses one cam and 16 pushrods. Goodbye lowend? Thats laughable...
Old 11-04-2006, 09:13 PM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Mrwilson, please keep your non-constructive comments to yourself.

Bobby, whats up mang! I saw that you were just wrapping things up with the engine management system. What's the latest?

Jason
Old 11-04-2006, 09:32 PM
On The Tree

so is this shop still in buisness...
Old 11-05-2006, 10:40 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bigdcustoms
so is this shop still in buisness...

Unfortunatly ,,,,,
Old 11-05-2006, 12:36 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I don't get the lowend comment.................. how does the number of valves play into that at all?

FWIW having a set of these heads laying in the shop, I wouldn't wish this project on someone else.... can it be done? Yes. Can it be done to make the power you would think? Maybe. Is that going to be easy? Hardly.

Bret
Old 11-05-2006, 02:03 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JasonShort
Mrwilson, please keep your non-constructive comments to yourself.
lol +1
Old 11-05-2006, 03:22 PM
Staging Lane

haha, you guys are funny. i especially like the comment "how does the number of valves have anything to do with the low end" thats not even worth a comment

16 pushrods or 32 lifters bumped by 4 cams, it doesnt matter...32 valves is 32 valves, they open and close at the same time, or do you know that...i mean you obviously must, and must have made a mistake, cuz you seem to know everything about everything

i dont get the hemi comment either? if your refering to how the head is shaped...well duh, you have to have a hemispherical chamber to fit 4 valves...or are you talking about the spark plug placement...cuz again, duh.

and if your saying im incompotent cuz i was talkin bout secondaries...it just sounds like your gonna carb it.

Last edited by Mrwilson; 11-05-2006 at 03:50 PM.
Old 11-05-2006, 06:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mrwilson
...it just sounds like your gonna carb it.
where does it sound like he is going carb?
On more than one occasion the "engine management system" is mentioned.
Old 11-05-2006, 10:55 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Shon Herron
where does it sound like he is going carb?
On more than one occasion the "engine management system" is mentioned.
i missed that...in that case...i retract the carb thought.

lol, theres even fuel rails stickin outa the top...missed that one a tad

Quick Reply: 32valve LT1 Progress...