LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

SB2.2 progrees update, pics..fuel cell, NX,

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2006, 03:00 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the way that system looks for a "bolt on". Whether it would work with the larger frame 88mm I wouldn't know without seeing everything. No doubt that the 76 will get you where you need to be. 1100 hp is an awful lot. It's easy to throw around numbers and get jaded about it but that's a respectable number and will get you in trouble in a hurry. After seeing the pictures and getting some more info I will change my opinion and I think I would utilize the T76 for your application for now. If you want to upgrade later it's a matter of fabrication for clearance issues.
Old 01-05-2006, 02:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dave, everything is looking damn good. I really like the direct port setup...very very clean and I like the way you are doing your fuel cell. Makes me want to go cut mine up :o)

My lifters came in (Thanks Bret) today so we measured and ordered up pushrods right afterwards. They should be here next week and then I just need to figure out how I'm going to pay for this thing

When do you project yours will be done?
Old 01-05-2006, 08:20 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks Bobby. The fuel cell is a major pain in the ***. It would have been a lot easier had I gone with a smaller one but we needed the capacity for the road course events.

Which pushrods did you get?

I hear you about paying for it all. We keep wondering when our names are going to appear on Greg Anderson's car as a co-sponsor...

It should be done at the chassis shop by next week and then it goes back to the body shop to have the front end fitted and the air box fabbed into the hood among some other things. I think I can have it back and running in about 6 weeks or so. It'll be on the track by the 1st of March.

Here are some more pics of the finished console...I will powder coat it to match the factory plastic so it should end up looking good:

Old 01-05-2006, 09:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by N20Dave
Thanks Bobby. The fuel cell is a major pain in the ***. It would have been a lot easier had I gone with a smaller one but we needed the capacity for the road course events.

Which pushrods did you get?

I hear you about paying for it all. We keep wondering when our names are going to appear on Greg Anderson's car as a co-sponsor...

It should be done at the chassis shop by next week and then it goes back to the body shop to have the front end fitted and the air box fabbed into the hood among some other things. I think I can have it back and running in about 6 weeks or so. It'll be on the track by the 1st of March.

Here are some more pics of the finished console...I will powder coat it to match the factory plastic so it should end up looking good:

Man, I like your design cues. Thats what will make your car different from anyone else's aside from the motor.

I'm not sure which pushrods my builder ordered. I met the UPS guy at some location (couldn't wait for delivery ) and then rushed the lifters over to my builder. We yanked the cover quicky'like, measured and then he was dialing the number to the local "Jeg's" type store that we get alot of our stuff from. The sizes were really goofy...I was just happy that I wasn't buy 32 of something I would have liked to have gone with a nice 3/8" pushrod but there isn't alot of room to do much of anything. I'll tell you what (and anyone else reading), those Morel lifters are worth the cash. The build quality is like comparing apples to oranges when comparing any other hydraulic.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

wow. that is some truly impressive and unique work.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:25 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks zigroid.

Bobby, I never thought about the buying 32 of something part of it

Those Morel lifters are the ****. You will be very happy with them.

We used Smith Bros. pushrods. I figured you would be using those or Manton's.

I appreciate your thoughts on the design cues. Ironically they are all out pure need. I hope the hood comes out o.k. I'm having an airbox built right into the under side of the hood that seals to the throttle body and draws air from the whole back area of the cowl. I hope it has enough height and volume. It's only for the mean time, I won't need it with the 101mm turbo next year
Old 01-05-2006, 09:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thanks zigroid.

Bobby, I never thought about the buying 32 of something part of it

Those Morel lifters are the ****. You will be very happy with them.

We used Smith Bros. pushrods. I figured you would be using those or Manton's.

I appreciate your thoughts on the design cues. Ironically they are all out pure need. I hope the hood comes out o.k. I'm having an airbox built right into the under side of the hood that seals to the throttle body and draws air from the whole back area of the cowl. I hope it has enough height and volume. It's only for the mean time, I won't need it with the 101mm turbo next year
Man, it sounds like we have the same mindset. I have been thinking way too much about a turbo motor for next year if this thing stays together. I was thinking either cubes or forced induction. I don't have the coin for both so I will have to pick one or the other. Best part is I have spent a good deal of cash on the chassis so that its ready for whatever I have to throw at it, except for the cage. I only put a 6 point in because my original plans never intended on going faster than 10.0's Yeah, I should know better.....

Although your needs dictated what you did it's obvious you put some thought into it and not just come up with something that worked. I can't wait to see your finished product as well as everyone else fo'sho
Old 01-05-2006, 10:18 PM
10 Second Club

Thank you for the kind words my man.

Yeah...32 valve, 398ci big turbo motor...that's what I'm talkin' bout.

with our heads flowing close to 400cfm, I'm thinking with a big thumper we can make more power than we will ever be able to get to the ground.

Yeah baby...

My chassis cert is good to 7.50 for the next 2 1/2 years
Old 01-06-2006, 12:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah...32 valve, 398ci big turbo motor...that's what I'm talkin' bout.

with our heads flowing close to 400cfm, I'm thinking with a big thumper we can make more power than we will ever be able to get to the ground.

Yeah baby...

Quick Reply: SB2.2 progrees update, pics..fuel cell, NX,