LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

different lt1 intakes

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2006, 08:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Shon Herron
How much larger are these motors? 5CUI or 8? and a ball park of the duration of these cams? if you dont mind......

The Stock Eliminator rules allow a maximum .070 overbore. The motor that is in the Camaro that I just sold was .060. You can find the blueprint specs. on the NHRA site. The cams are in the 250/260+ range with factory lift.
I have an LT1 being freshened at the moment. It is .040 over. I have also had a couple of decent motors with the stock bore and some that were .030. Obviously, bigger is better.

Daren
Old 01-13-2006, 02:02 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Wright
I believe there is another guy on here with one of those. Built from the Ramjet crate engine intake, right?

Ed, that is mine an my Pops intake, there is only one on the planet to my knowlege.

David
Old 01-13-2006, 02:17 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow David that thing is a work of art? How busy is your dad right now? Think he could do a 355 for me within a month or two I'm getting the run around at HPE right now. It's been there almost two months and they haven't even look at it yet!
-brandon
Old 01-13-2006, 02:22 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by bdc95ta
Wow David that thing is a work of art? How busy is your dad right now? Think he could do a 355 for me within a month or two I'm getting the run around at HPE right now. It's been there almost two months and they haven't even look at it yet!
-brandon

E Mail me

Speedadikk@Comcast.net

David
Old 01-13-2006, 08:46 AM
9-Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by FASTFATBOY
Ed, that is mine an my Pops intake, there is only one on the planet to my knowlege.

David
David, you are who I was talking about, but didn't want to give anything away I wasn't supposed to. Looks like it fits under the cowl just fine. Wilson's manifolds don't seem to slow Greg Anderson too much, do they?
Do you remember the runner length when it was stock?
Old 01-13-2006, 09:04 AM
TECH Veteran

David, you are who I was talking about, but didn't want to give anything away I wasn't supposed to. Looks like it fits under the cowl just fine. Wilson's manifolds don't seem to slow Greg Anderson too much, do they?
Do you remember the runner length when it was stock?

Well I seem to forget the runner length , but you are right ol Greg Anderson seems to like Mr. Wilson.

The intake is actually touching the cowl, so we will make clearance..I either measured dead nuts or they lucked up and got it right.

Nah, it's all good Ed..it should run in the next 6 mos or so I HOPE!!

David
Old 01-13-2006, 09:35 AM
9-Second Club

Well I seem to forget the runner length , but you are right ol Greg Anderson seems to like Mr. Wilson.

The intake is actually touching the cowl, so we will make clearance..I either measured dead nuts or they lucked up and got it right.

Nah, it's all good Ed..it should run in the next 6 mos or so I HOPE!!

David
David, I was asking about the stock runner length. Didn't expect to hear what it is now. <G>
Old 01-13-2006, 01:03 PM
TECH Veteran

David, I was asking about the stock runner length. Didn't expect to hear what it is now. <G>

Ed to be honest, it was drop shipped from Fairway Chevrolet straight to Wilson, I never got to handle it in stock form, and cant remember the number..sorry. I am getting part timers you know..I remember **** part of the time.

When we finish modifying the mufflex to work with a sump tank(a PITA by the way) and get the Y pipe built..we will mock up da motor....hopefully tow up there to see you around summer time for a tune.

David
Old 01-13-2006, 01:53 PM
9-Second Club

Ed to be honest, it was drop shipped from Fairway Chevrolet straight to Wilson, I never got to handle it in stock form, and cant remember the number..sorry. I am getting part timers you know..I remember **** part of the time.

When we finish modifying the mufflex to work with a sump tank(a PITA by the way) and get the Y pipe built..we will mock up da motor....hopefully tow up there to see you around summer time for a tune.

David
David, it gets worse. I have full-blown oldtimers. That's full time CRS.

Quick Reply: different lt1 intakes