LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

curious bout an ls1 swap??

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 08:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i dont understand why you want to put an ls1 in there? your motor has every bit of potential the LS1 motor has...
the lt1 is a good motor but the ls1 is better. i would have to dissagree with your comment
Old 06-29-2006, 08:36 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by aggiez28
the lt1 is a good motor but the ls1 is better. i would have to dissagree with your comment
people on this board get butthurt when you say that.

How is a LS1 the darkside. I thought GN was the darkside?
Old 06-29-2006, 08:58 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by zlover129
I dont see swapping a K-Member being all that bad, i just stripped mine apart, I took the front spindle's, springs, control arms, power steering unit, brake lines and brakes, everything and it took me a good 4 hours working pretty slowly and dealing with a lot of rust, im getting my control arms and k member blasted because of the rust so thats why i have mine stripped apart, but with enough patience you could have the swap done in a day, its easier to just buy the LS1's front suspension, its entire cradle with the spindles and everything because then you have the brakes that everyone loves. It's doable but why? Do a nice 383 stroker motor and you'll make more power for cheaper and easier time doing it
Yeah we did it just like you said but I guess we have different opinions of what a lot of trouble is. I just thought it was a lot trouble.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:33 AM
Staging Lane

lol, i was just curious, matter of fact my le2 setup should be here this weekend i think. so i'm staying lt1. its just that i have another body, but no motor or trans.

Quick Reply: curious bout an ls1 swap??