LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

"HELP PACESETTER LONG TUBE INSTALL"

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 08:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry "HELP PACESETTER LONG TUBE INSTALL"

Im Installing A Set Of Pacesetter Long Tube Emission Headers, And Im Have A Problem With The Airline Line Bolting On Correctly On To The Header Hook Up. They Hardly Meet As If The Place On The Header For The Air Tube Should Have Been Moved Up An Inch Then It Would Pass The Transmission Dipstick Tube Instead It Lines Corrrectly Up With It Ive Tired Bending The Header Too Except For The Flaw But No Luck, There Has Too Be A Way Too May It Work So I Can Have Them On And Pass Emissions Is There Some Type Of Hook-up Or Some Way Too Rig?
Old 07-14-2006, 09:22 PM
Banned

can you extend the airline?
Old 07-14-2006, 10:30 PM
12 Second Club

i dont even get your question? air line?
Old 07-14-2006, 11:04 PM
Teching In

off of the back of the intake manifold the A.I.R line its silver about 7 inches in length it comes down the back side of the block and rest between the block and the transmisson dipstick. What its doing is its not hooking up directly on too the header, because the air hook up on the header points directly into the transmission dipstick, so i tired bending the header a little but no luck it just makes things worse. I also tried bring the line against the backside of the firewall but now because i bent the header out so far i can't get it inside the engine bay plus im worried about heat issues since it wasn't designed to go on the backside of the firewall. If there was a way too make the line longer or get a longer line it would be great but im not sure if they sell something like that?
Old 07-15-2006, 02:27 AM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

That's not the AIR line, its the EGR Pipe...
I am suprised that is a problem, most of the Pace Setters are good about that. The AIR Hookups are on the front of the Engine, on both sides. They usually are a pain, the threads are real tight.
To fix your problem, you might have to extend that pipe just a little, with some 1/2 inch copper pipe or stainless pipe, something like that.

Last edited by the_merv; 07-15-2006 at 03:48 AM.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:08 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jayweasel
off of the back of the intake manifold the A.I.R line its silver about 7 inches in length it comes down the back side of the block and rest between the block and the transmisson dipstick. What its doing is its not hooking up directly on too the header, because the air hook up on the header points directly into the transmission dipstick, so i tired bending the header a little but no luck it just makes things worse. I also tried bring the line against the backside of the firewall but now because i bent the header out so far i can't get it inside the engine bay plus im worried about heat issues since it wasn't designed to go on the backside of the firewall. If there was a way too make the line longer or get a longer line it would be great but im not sure if they sell something like that?
That's the EGR tube. Just bend the dipstick out of the way.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:57 PM
11 Second Club

Received 63 Likes on 54 Posts

Yup, mess with the Dip Stick. I thought you meant that it was too short.
Old 07-15-2006, 01:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Just curious but do LT1 guys install headers from the bottom like LS1 guys? or is it easier jsut to pull the motor...my friends dad is a mechanic and the first thing he said was i might have to pull the motor,but he didnt reallly look.....anyone?????
Old 07-15-2006, 01:18 PM
12 Second Club

I did mine from the bottom. Driver's side was kind of a pain, but the passenger's was easy once I undid the motor mount and jacked it up a couple of inches.