LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Anything better than an LT4 intake???

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 05:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sbcgenII
CNC in florida, ET performance, yadda yadda. And i also talked to adavanced induction. Talked to Ron told him what i wanted to run "10.5 125mph' he told me i would have to run a solid roller, shaft mounts or a guirdle and some compression and i told him i had no problem with that, Well i was all good and we sent a few emails back and forth he asked for my phone# and when to call me. I give him the number and no call for a week, so i call them and nobody answers the phone so i leave a message saying i am ready to send my heads, no call back so i try the next couple days and leave anouther message and no return. I dont think that 137mph car starts to pull till it gets to the factory limit lol. So i decided to try and find a set of Lt4's and send the to cnc since Ed's car here in town has no problem running bottom 10's at 130 with a 2,000 da, or order and wait for a set of AFR's
check out felber racing from florida as well ... he does some amazing work. i have seen some ported lt4 heads run a 10.8 in a car around here that he did the heads for. that was in the dead heat of summer ... on a 75 shot. 396 lt4 setup ... he will be spraying a lot more this saturday, i will let you know the results. he has also done another buddies of mine sbc heads on his 400 small block in his 89 long bed s-10. 200 shot off the trans brake the truck broke a 9.03 ... he is upping the shot this weekend as well at a track event, should get a solid 8 second pass. that 9 flat was letting out at the 1000'.
Old 08-09-2006, 05:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Built LT1
I have heard Edelbrock is now finally making both the aftermarket LT1 and LT4 manifold. They are the same look as the stock LT1 manifold in that the LT4 is not painted red. But they are both "ported out" and are way better than the stock one's. And yes, once you go 195 and higher on Afr's, you need the LT4 manifold. If that manifold is in fact available, there is no reason to stay with LT1 if your going to change it. It has a 7 degree raised runner to improve velocity, and therby allows you to make the whole combo bigger. O.K. maybe the 7 degrees ain't that big of deal but its still better. And if you have a choice, then why not?

You are listening too too much marketting BS one of their reps told a CZ28.com member they got4 whole HP out of the LT1 intake, you go right on believing it will be the best thing since sliced bread though . They tried and failed a decade ago and are well on their way to that again. I am sure they will cast something for the LT4 just to fill the void but I would NOT bet on it being a fraction as good as you want to believe it is. FACT is with the LT1 GM stepped up in a big way and the aftermarket has struggled to provide the "usual" upgrades for it because GM left so much less room for improvement. That is why there are no readily available intakes to date and why folks are going so fast on GM casting heads. The aftermarket can still sell heads and intake though because of all the people who ASSume rather than LEARN.

Quick Reply: Anything better than an LT4 intake???