LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

FINALLY!!!!!!! Edelbrock released LT1-LT4 intake

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 10:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Honda Hunter
Something more suitable for some of the 383's and 396's.
What do you think you need?
Old 08-28-2006, 10:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A single plane. Funny how some say the stock intakes are the best and will make tons of hp then there others who says it becomes a restriction on stroker setups. I know what I need and I know the edelbrock would be a waste for what I "think" I need.
Old 08-28-2006, 10:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would like to get one if the price is right, and of course it out-flows the stocker big time. It does look like the runners are longer, so that would increase the air velocity going into the Cylinder, kinda making a Tunnel Ram effect
Old 08-28-2006, 11:28 PM
TECH Addict

A single plane. Funny how some say the stock intakes are the best and will make tons of hp then there others who says it becomes a restriction on stroker setups. I know what I need and I know the edelbrock would be a waste for what I "think" I need.
You have reached the limit of your LT4 intake with a 23X/23X cam?
Old 08-28-2006, 11:39 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GIZMO

DAMN! more things I need to remember!
Old 08-29-2006, 02:29 AM
TECH Addict

Did I say that? You ask me what I think I need and the answer is choices.

Last edited by Honda Hunter; 08-29-2006 at 03:07 AM.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
People get all worked up over the "airgap" now for how GIZMO is talking I can see the benifit but for the rest of you you ever stop to think that it is hot air that just came through the radiator will be blowing through there? Bet you hadn't, AGAIN this is why we have such a hard time getting good products, many of you swallow a good marketting gimmick everytime one is presented. THINK and be objective and the aftermarket will be forced to give us good products.
And all this time, I thought I was the only one that thought that the air flow through the radiator wasn't going to cool the intake all that much.... I guess when you "dyno test", in a dyno cell, to get HP numbers, the radiator isn't figured into the equation.
Old 08-29-2006, 06:16 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The intake's are power robber's no matter which way you look at it.. You strap a well ported Set of AFR LT4's of say 210cc's.. Then you strap on your ported intake.. Prior to the intake you flowed approx 310@.600.. now w/ the intake strapped your only moving 287cfm.. Now these number's are fictional but the losses are real.. So where is your restriction? If this was the case and the lt4 intake didn't provide any losses over a well designed top end combo.. we'd all be using one rather than forkin' out the $$$ for a converted Single plane, hogan's sheetmetal, etc.. While the losses are negligible your leaving power on the table.. either way it's nice to see edelbrock bring something new to the market.. until someone can get they're hand's on one.. It's all speculation..
Old 08-29-2006, 06:20 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
And all this time, I thought I was the only one that thought that the air flow through the radiator wasn't going to cool the intake all that much.... I guess when you "dyno test", in a dyno cell, to get HP numbers, the radiator isn't figured into the equation.
the larger surface area under the intake help's the heat dissipation mostly when the car is not running.. And if you have a ram air hood w/o the box you can negate the radiator issue..
Old 08-29-2006, 08:53 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by IllusionalTA
The intake's are power robber's no matter which way you look at it.. You strap a well ported Set of AFR LT4's of say 210cc's.. Then you strap on your ported intake.. Prior to the intake you flowed approx 310@.600.. now w/ the intake strapped your only moving 287cfm.. Now these number's are fictional but the losses are real.. So where is your restriction? If this was the case and the lt4 intake didn't provide any losses over a well designed top end combo.. we'd all be using one rather than forkin' out the $$$ for a converted Single plane, hogan's sheetmetal, etc.. While the losses are negligible your leaving power on the table.. either way it's nice to see edelbrock bring something new to the market.. until someone can get they're hand's on one.. It's all speculation..
DAMN! more things I need to remember!

I think youre right on.
Old 08-29-2006, 01:37 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Captainofiron
I would like to get one if the price is right, and of course it out-flows the stocker big time. It does look like the runners are longer, so that would increase the air velocity going into the Cylinder, kinda making a Tunnel Ram effect
it looks just like the lt1 intake with the extra metal removed. the runners are the same length.

incase no one has cut up an intake here is mine. the cuts look ruff becouse the plasma cutter doesnt like cast aluminum. it has since been cleaned up and will be redone bigger and better soon.

you can see just how small the plenum is
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/865/1625/53474.jpg
the roof is really bad with the bolt holes protruding into it
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/865/1625/53469.jpg
you can see just how much space the fuel rail cross overtube is clearenced
http://www.mustangmods.com/ims/u/865/1625/53468.jpg
Old 08-29-2006, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

dang thats crazy, you fragged that LT1 intake, anyways, I am still curious to see what kind of numbers the intake will put up.

Also I think its nice to see that the aftermarket is still thinking about us LTx Guys, and not just the LSx guys
Old 08-29-2006, 06:07 PM
TECH Addict

Did I say that? You ask me what I think I need and the answer is choices.
Sorry, I wasn't meaning to bust your chops. I think that the Edelbrock intake will be an improvement. I hope that they get a fair chance to prove it. That said, I feel that If you need an intake and heads that flow big numbers you also need a cam to match. If you are going to make mega HP a sheet metal intake is by far the best choice.

Take Care,

Daren
Old 08-29-2006, 07:34 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

An Edelbrock rep at some show or another a few weeks ago was quoted as saying 4hp, but then some are saying it doesn't exist.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:46 PM
TECH Addict

Sorry, I wasn't meaning to bust your chops. I think that the Edelbrock intake will be an improvement. I hope that they get a fair chance to prove it. That said, I feel that If you need an intake and heads that flow big numbers you also need a cam to match. If you are going to make mega HP a sheet metal intake is by far the best choice.

Take Care,

Daren
I agree. I guess I'm really just hoping for the best when it comes out but Im not holding my breath. I dont stay with the same setups for long and I wish I had a intake that could grow with me.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:26 PM
10 Second Club

Take Care,

Daren
sheet metal is nice.. but expensive.. cheapest way to go is single plane conv't to EFI w/ a fat TB of your choice..
Old 08-29-2006, 08:27 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Cheap?

My intake was $1200 bucks.

That aint cheap.

Stick with the stocker unless you have goals for single digits.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Speed Density
Cheap?

That aint cheap.

How big is your cam?
Old 08-29-2006, 08:38 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Speed Density
Cheap?

That aint cheap.

That is cheap compared to a good sheet metal intake. N/A nines shouldn't be that hard with a ported factory intake. I've seen it done under some pretty tight rules with an LT4 runnining IHRA Top Stock.
Old 08-29-2006, 08:40 PM
TECH Addict

And a 48 mm throttle body!!

Quick Reply: FINALLY!!!!!!! Edelbrock released LT1-LT4 intake