LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Fuel pressure regulator

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 12:30 PM
JUICED96Z

Default Fuel pressure regulator

Shoebox used to have a write up on installing a fuel pressure regulator on LT1's and for some reason I don't see it????

http://shbox.com/1/4th_gen_tech1.html
Old 08-28-2006, 02:23 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when i did it, the torx were a bitch to put back on. you hadda angle it to a certain point to get it to screw back on with the bit on it.

i can tell you step by step how to do it.
Old 08-28-2006, 03:36 PM
JUICED96Z

Originally Posted by @nthony
i can tell you step by step how to do it.
Yeah post that up if you can, and any size wrenches or tools I will need if you remember.
Thanks
Old 08-29-2006, 08:27 AM
Teching In

The best way to change it is to take the fuel rail off and then everything is easy to get to. Don't do it on the car it will be next to impossible, and while you have everything off you can replace the O-rings on your injectors, it is really easy just take your time.
Old 08-29-2006, 12:56 PM
TECH Veteran

that made me feel better knowing i did something near impossible.

Originally Posted by CBR Crazy
Don't do it on the car it will be next to impossible,
Old 08-29-2006, 02:06 PM
JUICED96Z

I juset asked because I talked to a buddy of mine that did it with everything on the car but he had the pictures from shoe bax and said it was a lot easier seeing what you are doing. I might wait till this winter when I wanted to paint the intake and all.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:25 PM
TECH Veteran

thats your best bet.

i had to lay accross the engine with the AIR line sticking in my rib cage for 2 hours doing this.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:19 PM
Staging Lane

Default This isnt that hard

I cant believe Im reading this. I hope my post isnt too late here. Changing the regulator took me about 1/2 an hour. That includes the time it took to drink a beer, turn the radio on, and find my good 1/4 inch Snap-on rachet. Youll need a quick connect, disconnect tool. 4 bucks at damn near anywhere to pull the fuel line off. A ratchet with a torx bit. (forgot what size) and a little patience. Pull the vent tube off, remove screw, disconnect fuel line, and swap the part. Do the fuel line first, vent tube next, then the screw. I didnt even worry about relieving fuel pressure. Just do it when the engine is cold, and as always, be safe. Your working with gas so have a fire extinguisher on hand. Just in case
Old 09-01-2006, 12:39 AM
JUICED96Z

Originally Posted by REBORN Z28
I cant believe Im reading this. I hope my post isnt too late here. Changing the regulator took me about 1/2 an hour. That includes the time it took to drink a beer, turn the radio on, and find my good 1/4 inch Snap-on rachet. Youll need a quick connect, disconnect tool. 4 bucks at damn near anywhere to pull the fuel line off. A ratchet with a torx bit. (forgot what size) and a little patience. Pull the vent tube off, remove screw, disconnect fuel line, and swap the part. Do the fuel line first, vent tube next, then the screw. I didnt even worry about relieving fuel pressure. Just do it when the engine is cold, and as always, be safe. Your working with gas so have a fire extinguisher on hand. Just in case

I figure it was that easy..... So if I was a smoker (not) I should not smoke while doing this???
Old 09-01-2006, 02:23 AM
TECH Veteran

smoke only when your cig hand is full of gas.

plus itll make things more interesting

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
I figure it was that easy..... So if I was a smoker (not) I should not smoke while doing this???
Old 09-02-2006, 08:58 PM
JUICED96Z

Originally Posted by @nthony
smoke only when your cig hand is full of gas.

plus itll make things more interesting

HAHAHA

Disclaimer: Don't try this at home kids!

Quick Reply: Fuel pressure regulator