LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

i need help please!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 09:07 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default i need help please!!!!!

ok here goes. i have a 94 lt1 6 speed.i pulled my motor out to do a fresh rebuild. i knew i would have a lot of down time. so i pulles my dash out and deleted all the havc stuff and my pass air bag.i put my motor back in and i went to start the motor and nothing. so i checked the the wires going to the starter. the big wire is a +wire the little wire is a ground.i am getting good power to the big wire but no ground at the little wire.i also noticed that mt door locks are not working and my trunck pop isnt working either.any suggestion please help thanks
Old 09-12-2006, 10:45 PM
TECH Veteran

Seems like there is a big ground strap on the passenger side of the block that bolts on a motor mount. Is there a problem with that wire?
Old 09-13-2006, 12:15 AM
TECH Resident

first.. the ground strap should go to the body.. and second the starter grounds itself.. that purple wire is supposed to be on the solenoid... that is what gets teh signal from your key... make sure you didnt mess up the VATS system and then go from there.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:25 PM
On The Tree

i checked that ground wire its hooked up fine.i am afraid the alarm sys is not working propley.is there any way i can bypass the alarm?
Old 09-13-2006, 11:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by harvickgm
first.. the ground strap should go to the body.. and second the starter grounds itself.. that purple wire is supposed to be on the solenoid... that is what gets teh signal from your key... make sure you didnt mess up the VATS system and then go from there.
That's just where mine was when I took the motor out. There's no telling what someone else did before I had it.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:50 AM
TECH Resident

ohh i wasnt saying anything about it... thats just where i have seen most go.. but that bolt would go throught the body as well...
just ****** everything out that has to do with the alarm... unless they did the retarded way and cut and splice... then you have a project on your hands..
Old 09-14-2006, 06:20 PM
On The Tree

will lt1 edit bypass the alarm?

Quick Reply: i need help please!!!!!