LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

gains from single plane with mild H/C setup?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 07:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

The $425 AI intake is ported and geometry corrected to properly mate to decked blocks and milled heads. So that is not just the porting price.
Old 11-24-2006, 04:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mighty Whitey
I would imagine that this length would matter more so in a N/A or nitrous application as air feeds through the TB, cylinders 1-thru 4 take in the air they require, and whatever is left is then distributed to the remain cylinders 5-thru-8. I know, if the air requirements of the motor are not met, this, theoretically COULD happen to some degree, but very unlikely. an intake design with runner length being within 1 inch would lessen the likely hood of inconsistent cylinder-to-cylinder A/F ratios...
-robert
Something on this note, last year sometime I ditched my LT1 style induction kit and went for a forward fed setup through the inlets in the hood (like ram air). With that as my only mod, I went from having 50/50 rich/leaner plugs to a more even burn. All plugs had the uniform color whereas before the rear 4 were black. Track times? Haven't been enough to compare. Just looking at plugs though I was really pleased.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:54 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Turbo_6
It'll nickel and dime you to death. I have probably $400-500 alone in braided lines and earls fittings for the fuel line plumbing. Figure $100-150 for regulator, cost for elbow $250 and cost for throttle body $300-400 if you don't get an intakeelbows.com piece to use the factory TB. Then figure TPS harnesses, distributor plugs, MAP sensor brackets, vaccuum fittings for the back of the intake. There's just a lot of little stuff that you don't realize until you start putting it together, especially if you want to do it right.

If anyone is interested in a complete nitrous ready setup, I'm thinking about getting rid of the car, complete.

Is it a plate system for a super vic? still got it?

David

Quick Reply: gains from single plane with mild H/C setup?