LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Totally Stock Internal LT1 6spd goes 12.384@109+

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 06:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 95z6spd
Sorry to correct "Mr. Authority" on Records...but yes I do
Do you know everyone on here and what they run? Are you really stupid for making dumb comments to well respected members like Tony? I would say the answer to both is NO... We are not hating on you or your car, it is running damn good times. But, you are going out on a limb first stating you have the record, then by saying everyone was hating on you because you were faster and have this record, it's just a little rediculous. But hey if your are the fastest one with your combo then more power to you, but when chalenged don't be a di(k about it...
Old 12-17-2006, 07:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Those are good times, but your getting a little out of hand imo. You need to have some respect for these guys. They got some fast ****.
Old 12-17-2006, 08:18 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by 95z6spd
No.... Bolt ons and Stock Internals arent the same thing especially if one of the cars in question has INTERNAL ENGINE WORK ....Do you even own a car or do you just live vicariously through Shon and his car?? It sounds like you are the one with NOTHING
i have plenty. not once did i say what i did or didnt have, its not whats in question. honestly im not going to argue with you anymore, but i know for a fact theres been si guys faster then you
Old 12-17-2006, 10:45 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1SlowFormula
Do you know everyone on here and what they run? Are you really stupid for making dumb comments to well respected members like Tony? I would say the answer to both is NO... We are not hating on you or your car, it is running damn good times. But, you are going out on a limb first stating you have the record, then by saying everyone was hating on you because you were faster and have this record, it's just a little rediculous. But hey if your are the fastest one with your combo then more power to you, but when chalenged don't be a di(k about it...

I've been a member for almost 3 years now. Ever since my dad bought this car new I've been around Lt1's. I have nebver heard of a LT1 All motor SI 6spd. Running faster. I'm not trying to be a dick..but when anyone claims a record how do they know they have the record? Same way I do. If anyone knows of anyone running faster please post their information.
Old 12-17-2006, 10:49 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by UA-Plumber
Those are good times, but your getting a little out of hand imo. You need to have some respect for these guys. They got some fast ****.

No disrespect to anyone. But all I ask is to give credit where credit is due. I am not asking for money or prizes here. All I did was set out for a goal and I accomplished it. If not everyone can appreciate that then oh well....I am not trying to steal "frame and fortunes" here....I just posted up my times, and combo and through my research I have never found anyone to run faster..
Old 12-18-2006, 12:11 AM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

everyone is going to say you are an idiot.. on this forum.. and EVERY SINGLE ******* OTHER FORUM on the net.... Shon is reconized as the fastest bolt on (as in stock internal) lt1 car period. Your not convincing anyone but yourself.. i guess if you want to have your own little record in your head then fine, but your only lying to yourself.

You want to get real technical.... a lot of people figure stock internal as stock pistons, crank, and rods....

Fact is that no one cares that you decided to keep the stock rockers and shon didn't... no one gives a fly ****.... cuz we all know, as well as you, that he could pull them off and run almost the exact same times.

I will acknowledge that if you did what shon has, it sounds like you will take the record because your car runs strong. Hell.. shon is going A3 also soon.. so why dont you steal the bolt on 6-speed record. Why dojnt you try to beat a record that people actully give a **** about...

PS.... that kind of DA is sometimes considered a "mod" because of its bennifits... bring your little bolt on wonder up to my DA....

Last edited by Dragframe; 12-18-2006 at 12:21 AM.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:37 AM
11 Second Club

Received 164 Likes on 125 Posts

After reading this, I say congrats on a good time, that car is moving for stock internals. It's trapping where I trap, so it kinda shows me what I might see if I get my 60ft times down.
I will say this though, that you are breaking a record when you can find the record for your particular area, and post your numbers next to the record standings. So lets see your slip, and I believe it's Shon Herron(from what you all been saying) that has it, lets see his, and then do the elevation correction. Don't post something unless you are absolutely sure.
My car bone stock weighed in at 3320lbs chassis weight. From what everyone said, it was too light for factory. That's what it was. It isn't a record holder, but it's light for a factory car. If it was a record holder, I wouldn't post it until it is officially recognized.
That's like telling people you have a 12" ****, and then you get with a girl, and she tells everyone that she gets more from a roll of dimes..
****, if I had a 12" ****, I probably wouldn't be driving a LT1 car as my fast car..not a 350 C.I.D. LT1 anyways, and it would get a paint job..
Old 12-18-2006, 12:55 AM
TECH Addict

merv, I havent ever really checked, but I dont think they have an elevation correction for - DA #s do they? I just thought it was for 1200+ FT DA. Certainly Atco during Decemeber is going to be anything but + DA #s..
Old 12-18-2006, 01:39 AM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SlowFormula

Thank you sir.

Like I stated before, your car is moving congrats on that. But myself and many others on this board are going to let you know that you dont have a record.

As for the stock suspension thread...Thats called being curious, its really easy. Try.

Tony.
Old 12-18-2006, 05:17 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Internet Records are funny....
Old 12-18-2006, 05:32 AM
12 Second Club

nice times,ill be gunning for you next season,i ran 12.9 with 3.23`s and launching at 3200.now i have 4.11`s in a 9 inch with a spool so now ill be launching a lot hire then 3200.keep us updated so i can see if i can come close to you at least
Old 12-18-2006, 07:00 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by buffman
merv, I havent ever really checked, but I dont think they have an elevation correction for - DA #s do they? I just thought it was for 1200+ FT DA. Certainly Atco during Decemeber is going to be anything but + DA #s..
I have never seen a -DA..that means you are below sea level. I am sure you could plug it in to a formula and get an answer. I am good at math..
Old 12-18-2006, 08:24 AM
12 Second Club

I will be modding my car to run faster. my goal is atleast 11.9's with totally stock internals. If I dont hold the bolt on record then fine. Thats not exactly what my goal was. I'll post up my timeslips today. I raced at Atco On Sunday December 10th. I'm not sure exactly what the DA was but I heard around -500. I didnt weigh my car that day but lasttime I weighed it it was 3505 raceweight. I took off about 25lbs off of the car.

No glory stealing here or anything. This whole thing was from when i was building my car up from the get go it was always fast with minimal parts. It was running 12.83@108+ with stock manifolds, water pump, full interior and on 17" drag radials. The car has been with me since I was 15 and my dad and I drove home in it new fro mthe lot. Since owning it and getting more into racing LT1's I read up and researched how fast 6spd LT1's have gone with just external modifications. I learned the best way to make power was with the power you already have. Its just about making it the most effeciant power possible. Getting it to the ground. So that was my goal . To go as fast as I could with the stock Chevy LT1. I know plenty of guys are fast with roller rockers and springs which I dont blame them for using. Its just not a stock chevy LT1 then to me. Anyway that is why I modified my car the way it is and thats why its as fast as it is. I beleive I can shift with the best of them and I'm all about a lil competition. So I'll be taking my car to the next level soon and we'll see where it goes.
Thanks to all for sharing their opinions. And thanks to all for their congrats.
Old 12-18-2006, 08:28 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 93_z28
nice times,ill be gunning for you next season,i ran 12.9 with 3.23`s and launching at 3200.now i have 4.11`s in a 9 inch with a spool so now ill be launching a lot hire then 3200.keep us updated so i can see if i can come close to you at least

Not bad! The 4.11's w/ spool will be a huge improvement. Good luck to you and keep
Old 12-18-2006, 09:56 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Dragframe
I will acknowledge that if you did what shon has, it sounds like you will take the record because your car runs strong. Hell.. shon is going A3 also soon.. so why dont you steal the bolt on 6-speed record. Why dojnt you try to beat a record that people actully give a **** about...
He's done, period with the car. So the record is completely up for grabs.
Old 12-18-2006, 12:59 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

After days of reading this I just realized you ran at Atco, where are you from NJ or PA? I have never been to Atco, what is the track like and do they have the stupid rules about exhaust that Etown has? Next season we should try to meet up since I will be shooting for low 12's bolt-on by then, Atco if they like my exhaust, or we can do Maple Grove, or even Cecil since they don't care about noise...
Old 12-18-2006, 01:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mattybz28
He's done, period with the car. So the record is completely up for grabs.
True statement.
Old 12-18-2006, 02:04 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by the_merv
I have never seen a -DA..that means you are below sea level. I am sure you could plug it in to a formula and get an answer. I am good at math..
You haven't??? That's why the east coast has some of the fastest tracks ever. They have tracks that are close to sea level. Couple that with cold dry dense air, and you have power enchancing -DA. The DA at those tracks in the winter months when it's cold can get into the -2000 and above DA
Old 12-18-2006, 02:17 PM
Staging Lane

Too bad I wont be near the bolt-on record, too much stereo equipment!
Old 12-19-2006, 01:32 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by buffman
You haven't??? That's why the east coast has some of the fastest tracks ever. They have tracks that are close to sea level. Couple that with cold dry dense air, and you have power enchancing -DA. The DA at those tracks in the winter months when it's cold can get into the -2000 and above DA
I am from NY, but haven't been up there since I was a kid(Air Force), so I haven't really kept up with the stuff there. I go to Memphis, closest track.

Quick Reply: Totally Stock Internal LT1 6spd goes 12.384@109+