LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Who manufactures 1-7/8ths headers for LT1's?

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2006, 10:40 AM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Bigger can be better IF you are going wild. If someone is asking this type of question here it is unlikely the car will truely be wild enough to get the advantage. Most of us have street cars and have to work inside those confines where bigger is not blindly better.

I am running the times I am with 1 5/8 ROUND PORT mid length headers with a 6050rpm 1-2 shift point. No need to get rediculous about bigger is better to go fast. Balanced and matched is fast. Sure I plan to do something else about the headers hopefully over the winter but listen to folks here and there is no way what I have should work as it does.

The blind bigger is better mentality leads to undrivable cars and cars owners end up not enjoying anymore, being a little concervative may leave some performance on the table but you always continue to enjoy the car. That is why I encourage folks to error on the conservative side, seen too many folks throw too much money at the biggest and baddest parts they could find only to have no money left and no longer enjoy the car.

BTW running 2.5" x-pipe and duals everyone said it would be a cork too but it is not, granted my car is not wild by any means but I gain less than .1 uncorking it, yes that little of all 8 cylinders on a motor making enough power to propel this pig as well as it does. IMO 1 7/8 belongs on few smallblocks especially within the confines of the stock pcm.

The original poster gave no info on the plans so I am not commenting directly on wether he needs 1 7/8" just commenting on the fact bigger does not automatically equal better and that applies to a lot more than just headers.

Quick Reply: Who manufactures 1-7/8ths headers for LT1's?