LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Your plans for next season

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 10:05 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

After I get the Z where I left off with the T/A, I'm gonna smooth off the firewall and do the stainless fuel line mod. I hope to get my stand alone fuel cell going and bump the shot up to 250. I'm gonna hit the dyno and maybe pick up a few horses. After I get a few runs down next season, I'll decide if I am going to change shocks and springs. Depends on if I think it's got anything left in her. Probably go Strange shocks and springs in the front, stock springs and Strange shocks in the rear. I hope I never get the idea to change out my topend and valvetrain. I want to try keep the stock castings and intake and stay hydraulic cam.

My future project is a different story. If I can ever land that big money making opportunity, I'm gonna start piecing together my LSX project. I can never decide for sure if I want to stay hydraulic or go solid roller on that one.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:37 AM
On The Tree

If I don't get my job with CSX I will be joining the local Carpentry union. Soon after, the Formula will recieve a complete overhaul. Then either an STi or a LSx powered vehicle.

383 or 396
LE2.
CPT Trans.
Rear End.
Wheels.
Interior.
Paint.

Last edited by 1FstFormulaV8; 12-20-2006 at 11:42 AM.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

My plans are to fire the biotch up

Things are finally back in line in my life so I can start devoting attention to some of the 'other' things that are still waiting on me.

I am going to end up having another set of custom headers built and I'm torn on if I want to go standalone or haul the car to Ed's place and have him get me straight with a chip and leave the stock computer in there.

Either way, it'll see life next year.
Old 12-20-2006, 12:28 PM
12 Second Club

work out all the bugs, new fuel system, get my car dyno tuned, and go 11's cam only. after i do that then im looking for a 10 sec pass on the bottle with some big pills, but my tranny and 10 bolt wil go BOOM before that happens. good luck to everyone, and hopefully in '07 all the LT1 guys will start pushing the envelope a little more.
Old 12-20-2006, 03:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I am looking to hit low 12's with only the bolt-on's I have now plus a few more...

Next season I will hopefully have the following:
  • 3.73 gears, decent posi, new axles, and reinforced rear (already installed)
  • SFC's (going in after the holidays)
  • HD rear swaybar (possibly going in after the holidays)
  • wheels/tires, Convo pro's and something sticky (maybe, they're still on the wishlist, but if I can't get traction I might have to hit up the credit cards)
  • adj. LCA's (maybe, it's still on the wishlist)
  • dropping about 120# off my current 3490# RW, including the itmes above, if I got them all plus removing a few things (i've already dropped 5# from the driver that I hope not to pick back up over the holidays or I may have to )

Aside from all that, with tuning the car and working on the launch I think I should easily be in the low 12's, but we'll see...
Old 12-20-2006, 04:48 PM
TECH Resident

my plans are to stop being lazy and hookup my nitrous kit that's been sitting in my closet for 6 months, get a tune, and hit 11's with 100 or 150 shot before the rear shatters...And also to start my 86 monte carlo 383 project

Quick Reply: Your plans for next season