LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

SJM Line lock/ABS delete

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2006, 10:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SJM Line lock/ABS delete

I was thinking about going with this but wanted anyones experience with the abs delete and street driving. My car is going to be a weekend car so it will be drove on the street I need the abs delete tho to get rid of my trac control.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

**** both of those things i changed to a series 2 rearend and lost abs ohwell.. i drive on 1/32 tires to just be carefull im gonna get a Line lock and valve screw which i can portion the braking power of the car to the front or back..when u take ABS off its good to have one due to ABS is what currects the stock faults of the braking
Old 12-23-2006, 10:20 PM
Launching!

I've got that kit on my car it's a dd and i've never had a problem stopping.
Old 12-23-2006, 10:22 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 94Z28Joe
the only issue with our LT1 is the front brakes i think anyone else drive another car then hop in the good ol' 93-97 and feel like stoppin a boat?
Old 12-23-2006, 11:05 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 94Z28Joe
mines not a daily driver and I have the same kit, stops great and pretty easy to install
Old 12-24-2006, 02:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts

i made my own with some basic tools. I dont have a porp. valve and mine works fine!! Dont lock up the rear or fronts and i have slicks and skinnies.
Old 12-24-2006, 02:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thx for the input I probably will do it.
Old 12-24-2006, 02:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

I got his kit and it works great .The only downside was that i bought the kit that came with the flairing tool.Its so cheap that i was unable to do a "double flair" right.So i rent a one pieces flairing tool from my part stores and its was really easy.

Another thing when you delete abs, do the job right.This mean is that you absolutely need a proportion valve to calibrate your rear brake.When you delete the abs you loose a lot of rear braking power .In an emergency, you need the front to lock at the same times has the rear lock.

To calibrate a proportion valve, you go on an empty road .Run the car to 60mph and then slam the brake to lock the wheels.Bring a friend so that he can be on the side of the road and check wich lock first.The front will lock first so just adjust the valve 1/2 to 1 turn at a time an do it again until they all lock at the same time.

By the way for some of the owner that delete the abs without using a proportion valve,i know that your brake will still work...but not at there best.The front will lock but the rear will not or maybe they will but too late.

I still dont understand why people play with safety(brake is kinda big safety equippement ) for saving 50$

Do it once, do it wrigth and if your missing money dont do it and wait

Last edited by always faster; 12-24-2006 at 03:08 AM.
Old 12-24-2006, 09:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by always faster
I got his kit and it works great .The only downside was that i bought the kit that came with the flairing tool.Its so cheap that i was unable to do a "double flair" right.So i rent a one pieces flairing tool from my part stores and its was really easy.

I would have to disagree with this. I origanally bought the kit without the SMJ double flair tool. I went through 2 store bought flair tools, and broke a friends flair tool, before I just went ahead and ordered the SMJ modified tool. The SMJ made a good flair everytime.
Old 12-24-2006, 09:28 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 95FbFormula
Thx for the input I probably will do it.
I would
Old 12-24-2006, 10:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by always faster

Another thing when you delete abs, do the job right.This mean is that you absolutely need a proportion valve to calibrate your rear brake.When you delete the abs you loose a lot of rear braking power .In an emergency, you need the front to lock at the same times has the rear lock.

To calibrate a proportion valve, you go on an empty road .Run the car to 60mph and then slam the brake to lock the wheels.Bring a friend so that he can be on the side of the road and check wich lock first.The front will lock first so just adjust the valve 1/2 to 1 turn at a time an do it again until they all lock at the same time.

By the way for some of the owner that delete the abs without using a proportion valve,i know that your brake will still work...but not at there best.The front will lock but the rear will not or maybe they will but too late.

I still dont understand why people play with safety(brake is kinda big safety equippement ) for saving 50$

Do it once, do it wrigth and if your missing money dont do it and wait

ya my ABS is gone atm I want to get a ABS delete kit with the porp valve the car brakes like **** i can tell alot more is up front dont have $1xx to spend on it atm maybe christmas

Quick Reply: SJM Line lock/ABS delete