LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

megasquirt in a 95 z28

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 03:12 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What type of injection are you planning on going with? Bank to bank or SEFI? Without a cam sensor you can't run SEFI. I don't know if this has any relavance to your question, just something I noticed was not mentioned. I use a IPU trigger on both the crank and cam for mine. Although its not a MS, they all operate on the same principles.
Old 04-11-2008, 06:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SCTA
What type of injection are you planning on going with? Bank to bank or SEFI?
I think MS will only do bank-to-bank.
Old 04-11-2008, 07:25 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by seank
I'm not a fan of doing that because you're creating delays, plus the uneven pulse widths might cause it to fall out of sync(they will be uneven because the tach pulse will depend on timing advance calculated by the stock PCM). The PNP setup uses the OPTI signal.
Which tach output are you talking about, this one supplies "The Tach Output Terminal produces a 12 volt square wave signal with a 30° duty cycle."
Originally Posted by will62085
I know the output from one of the MSD boxes drives my stock tach wild at high rpms/high rate of change of RPM.
Did you take the bypass filter out of your tach wire, it says you have to on GM tachs, or it wont work properly.
Old 04-11-2008, 08:12 AM
TECH Regular

yeah I've run a new wire directly from the MSD box straight to the back of the tach. That helped, but its still off
Old 04-11-2008, 10:50 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by wannabess
Which tach output are you talking about, this one supplies "The Tach Output Terminal produces a 12 volt square wave signal with a 30° duty cycle."

Did you take the bypass filter out of your tach wire, it says you have to on GM tachs, or it wont work properly.
The tach signal is the most important signal with MS or any other ECU. You want to directly piggy back off of a crank or cam sensor. The more hardware you add in the mix the less true the signal becomes. Maybe I miss understood what you were saying. I did a simple sketch below. Which one were you talking about doing.

Best
OPTI-<<<<<-Megasquirt

Best
Crank Trigger-<<<<-Megasquirt(OBD2 LT1 Only)

Have never tested this, but it might be acceptable
OPTI-<<<<<-Stock ECU-<<<<Megasquirt

Have never tested this, but it might be acceptable
OPTI-<<<<<-Stock ECU-<<<<-MSD-<<<<-Megaquirt

-sean

Quick Reply: megasquirt in a 95 z28