LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

97+ tail lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 10:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

as for the reverse lights also, you may have a bad reverse switch. Not sure where it's located on the M6's but i know the reverse is locked out until under 5mph and that it doesn't allow the lights to come on until your fully into gear.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:50 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks again for the help, I'll go see if I can find some pictures somewhere, and I'll look into finding the reverse switch. Kinda aggravating in reverse with no light back there, I just kinda flash my brake lights off objects to see how close I'm getting.
Old 04-15-2007, 06:07 PM
TECH Junkie

So I got busted today for my orange brake lights. Instead of running an extra wire from the brake switch all the way back, can't I just figure out which wire in the harness to the brake/turn bulb holder is the brake and splice it into the other one that is just the tail light right now that should also be the brake light??

I'm going to go look at the chiltons and the haynes and see if this is possible.

Do autopart stores have a pin removal tool, or should I just splice them in somehow?? This kinda sucks, can't believe that someone finally noticed my lights weren't right, but the cop was nice, no ticket. I'm sure if he sees me again and my lights are still bad I'm going to get it.

I still can't believe a ton of people haven't done this conversion and can get me some more insight, I hated the all red tail lights!
Old 04-18-2007, 07:04 PM
TECH Junkie

Alright gotta thank Cole again, I did find eventually through camaroz28.com the wire I needed to run and where to hook it to the brake switch. Its not too bad at all, wish I had done it a long time ago. Oh well all fixed now, one less reason for the cops to pull me over.

Quick Reply: 97+ tail lights