LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Just wondering what mods you guys recommend to go 12's

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 11:31 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by v7guy
If you're going forced induction a D1 is the way to go, but expect a rebuild in the near future.
A head and cam combo with exhaust and intake should easily get you to your goals, you can go bigger than the hot cam kit and still pass smog.

The comment about your gears....2.76 was not an option. You either have 2.73s 3.23s or 3.42s stock.
Yeah it is good, I got a D1SC on my LS1 and it runs fine so far. camaro>mustang is my one of my buds, he does have the 2.73 gears. I want him to go fast but not blow his car up. Hes got the money to do it right. Some of the dudes on here have good advice and some dont know $hit.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:02 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Camaro>Mustangs
yes i do have alot to learn. thank you to everyone who has helped me. i know now that i need heads cam headers and nitrous to run 11's without a problem. i know i need to change my gears.
If you think you need all that to run 11's, then you haven't learned everything. I went 12.2's with a Hotcam kit, stock heads with bigger valves, some bolt-ons, shorty headers w/ a cutout, stall, stock suspension, and a tune. With a full suspension (which also causes some weight loss), I would have been in the 11's no prob. No nitrous.
Old 02-26-2007, 12:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone remeber that article in GMHTP?

It was a black formula...

He was running 11's for little money..

Just did some weight reduction (carpet,hood braces,etc)

Had a 150 shot (he made himself)..and a TH400

And an air foil..was running 11's...not bad for a budget car
Old 02-26-2007, 12:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Sweetred95ta
If you think you need all that to run 11's, then you haven't learned everything. I went 12.2's with a Hotcam kit, stock heads with bigger valves, some bolt-ons, shorty headers w/ a cutout, stall, stock suspension, and a tune. With a full suspension (which also causes some weight loss), I would have been in the 11's no prob. No nitrous.
thanks man i will definitely do heads and get the fastest time i can. do you know any good shops in the southern california area?
Old 02-26-2007, 01:01 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Forced 346
Yeah it is good, I got a D1SC on my LS1 and it runs fine so far. camaro>mustang is my one of my buds, he does have the 2.73 gears. I want him to go fast but not blow his car up. Hes got the money to do it right. Some of the dudes on here have good advice and some dont know $hit.
yeah man im changing it to say 2.73
Old 02-26-2007, 01:04 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Camaro>Mustangs
yeah man im changing it to say 2.73
Ha Ha, that's better. Dude, youu should of told me you started posting on here. Me and David are cool, you can get some good advice here. Just watch out for newbies.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:06 PM
11 Second Club

Brian, you never told me you were going to mod your car. David told me you were posting on here. Dont waste your time putting nitrous on it. Yur parents will buy you whatever you want. Nitrous is for guys who cant afford to go fast and you have the money. Get a procharger like what I got, they make them for LT1 cars and have install shops down here. Dont waste your time driving to the 909 to get work done at some no name shop. Call me bro.
no name shop?? call NX and aks about bottelfed or even STS.
"Nitrous is for guys who cant afford to go fast and you have the money" you will make more hp & tq with N2o on a LT1 than with a procharger. You will alway make more tq with n2o than boost. I would love to meet up with you and show you what a n2o z28 will do
Old 02-26-2007, 01:09 PM
11 Second Club

LT1 are not like LS1
Old 02-26-2007, 01:12 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by onephatZ28
"Nitrous is for guys who cant afford to go fast and you have the money" you will make more hp & tq with N2o on a LT1 than with a procharger. You will alway make more tq with n2o than boost. I would love to meet up with you and show you what a n2o z28 will do
I never heard of bottelfed racing. I aready read the thread and your spelling you own shop wrong retard. I would like to show you what my procharger can do to your sts turbo. Those are ******* gay. Some of the fastest cars in the pro series are procharged. NO ONE runs sts. You didnt even no nitrous is abreviated as n2o until me and other dudes told you. You dont know $hit. Tell me more about how much you know about nitrous. I should tell you that it not for breathing.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:22 PM
Staging Lane

I would love to meet up with you and show you what a n2o z28 will do
I read your posts. Your car goes 12.3. I can do better than that without my procharger. Do you really want to meet up to show me what you cant do. Maybe BOTTELfed can set you up with the sts. NO ONE runs sts in the pro series.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

First and fore most have him do all the bolt-ons. Headers, some gears, some suspension, nice little torque converter, ignition and a tune wouldn't hurt. This should get him into low low 13's, high 12's. Maybe a small cam like the CC 502 or 503 with some Pro Mag 1.6 Rockers and some fresh springs would really help to Mid 12's. Only problem "might" be that he's gonna like it and wan't to go faster... what to do? Does he want to make the expense once or twice modding his car? Nitrous setup properly will not blow your engine if setup right. I was doing a NX 125 wet shot with no problems
Old 02-26-2007, 01:24 PM
Staging Lane

LT1 are not like LS1
Whats your point? Supercharging all works the same. I think you can put more boost to the LT1 so what are you trying to say?
Old 02-26-2007, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

I never heard of bottelfed racing. I aready read the thread and your spelling you own shop wrong retard. I would like to show you what my procharger can do to your sts turbo. Those are ******* gay. Some of the fastest cars in the pro series are procharged. NO ONE runs sts. You didnt even no nitrous is abreviated as n2o until me and other dudes told you. You dont know $hit. Tell me more about how much you know about nitrous. I should tell you that it not for breathing.
I can show you what my 383 with 250 shot will do!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2007, 01:28 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by streetwarrior96
First and fore most have him do all the bolt-ons. Headers, some gears, some suspension, nice little torque converter, ignition and a tune wouldn't hurt. This should get him into low low 13's, high 12's. Maybe a small cam like the CC 502 or 503 with some Pro Mag 1.6 Rockers and some fresh springs would really help to Mid 12's. Only problem "might" be that he's gonna like it and wan't to go faster... what to do? Does he want to make the expense once or twice modding his car? Nitrous setup properly will not blow your engine if setup right. I was doing a NX 125 wet shot with no problems
Yeah I know. He could run good with a decent cam and a nice set of heads if he were to spray. He can afford to do a forged short block with forced inducton he wanted to. That all Im saying. It is his choice. Either way he could go fast. We probaly both agree that sts is junk.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I know. He could run good with a decent cam and a nice set of heads if he were to spray. He can afford to do a forged short block with forced inducton he wanted to. That all Im saying. It is his choice. Either way he could go fast. We probaly both agree that sts is junk.
lol I'm taking the 5th
Old 02-26-2007, 01:32 PM
Staging Lane

I can show you what my 383 with 250 shot will do!!!!!!
It would probably be a good race. You gotta beat onephatz28 and his no2 from BOTTELfed first. Then you and I can show him what real cars can do.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:36 PM
Staging Lane

lol I'm taking the 5th

Ha Ha. I bet if you call BOTTELfed they can set you up with a nice sts. That turbo sucks bro. Anyone who tries peddle that $hit needs to wake up.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

If his budget is truly anything he wants then why not build a forged 4-bolt 355, and have a custom turbo set-up made. not sts either. but if not still build the motor for boost then the fuel system then run procharger or custom turbo. Even better yet since all this work takes time and puts the car down for awhile tell him to pick up a Bare LT1 4-bolt main and build that then when its done just drop it in. who wants to have there car they just got sit around for a month or more
Old 02-26-2007, 01:39 PM
Staging Lane

It would probably be a good race. You gotta beat onephatz28 and his no2 from BOTTELfed first. Then you and I can show him what real cars can do.
I forgot to mention that he told everyone he just got heads,cam and gears for his car on the eleven second section. I guess we might have to give him less of a head start.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:41 PM
11 Second Club

Ha Ha. I bet if you call BOTTELfed they can set you up with a nice sts. That turbo sucks bro. Anyone who tries peddle that $hit needs to wake up.
**** you I dont have a STS on my car.

Quick Reply: Just wondering what mods you guys recommend to go 12's