LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Student Loan Fixing My Camaro Up =]

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 01:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im glad everyone is helping this guy out with his original question and not highjacking the thread with some "i want to be your father and tell you what to do" type of bull ****..
Old 03-11-2007, 03:06 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by z28hustle
im glad everyone is helping this guy out with his original question and not highjacking the thread with some "i want to be your father and tell you what to do" type of bull ****..
The problem is he gave useless information telling everyone that he was using a student loan to help fix his car. To me, that threw up a red flag. The "I want to be your father and tell you what to do" bullshit you speak of, is some people's way of giving him help so that he dosn't have a headache in the long run. I almost made the same mistake, and after reading Z48LT-1's post, he's right! Now I'm really glad I didn't use my extra money. I knew as soon as I saw this, it was going to get contraversal.
Old 03-11-2007, 04:42 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well this can be solved quite simply... Everyone does what they want with their money. How I feel about money, "If you don't have it you can't spend it." may not be how everyone else thinks, and it is apparent with the number of debt solution buisnesses in the country.

Do what you want man, its your money, I guess alot of us just think you should think things through a bit more before you do this.

"Focus on school now, because right now having a fast car doesn't matter, school does. After school when you are making good money, and I am not funding your life do what you want." - My father

However, if you do go through with the money. I would say build it the right way, from the back forward. Plan out what you want to do with it in the long run. Don't waste your money on random stuff that you will eventually replace with what you really need. Think through what you want to do with the car, and plan out everything and stick to it. And I like I said, work from the back forward. Some people will argue with me about that, but in all reality, "Power is nothing with out control." (Pirelli Tires Add)

-bryan
Old 03-11-2007, 10:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bmccrary
Well this can be solved quite simply... Everyone does what they want with their money. How I feel about money, "If you don't have it you can't spend it." may not be how everyone else thinks, and it is apparent with the number of debt solution buisnesses in the country.

Do what you want man, its your money, I guess alot of us just think you should think things through a bit more before you do this.

"Focus on school now, because right now having a fast car doesn't matter, school does. After school when you are making good money, and I am not funding your life do what you want." - My father

However, if you do go through with the money. I would say build it the right way, from the back forward. Plan out what you want to do with it in the long run. Don't waste your money on random stuff that you will eventually replace with what you really need. Think through what you want to do with the car, and plan out everything and stick to it. And I like I said, work from the back forward. Some people will argue with me about that, but in all reality, "Power is nothing with out control." (Pirelli Tires Add)

-bryan

Old 03-12-2007, 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

School loans are the best as far as loans, so I say go for it. The interest is incredibly low, on them.

Just dont screw up in school, and have to start paying them back while attending.

If your going to be making money right after graduation, then what do you have to worry about?

Bottom line, cover your bases and make sure this is something that you can afford later.