LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Descreen MAF Sensor?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2007, 04:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Descreen MAF Sensor?

I just polished my MAF sensor ends and getting ready to put it back together.
Should I leave the screen out or put it back in?
Old 03-28-2007, 05:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My car came with them out, I found that out when I polished mine. Car has been fine so far.

Just curious, how did they turn out. I know you werent sure what you wanted to do with them? Any pics.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:27 PM
On The Tree

i took mine out and it runs fine before and after the mods
Old 03-28-2007, 06:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by PunishedU
My car came with them out, I found that out when I polished mine. Car has been fine so far.

Just curious, how did they turn out. I know you werent sure what you wanted to do with them? Any pics.
I tried and gave up and took them to a local powdercoater and he polished them up on a high speed buffer. They have a nice shine to them. Not the best but not bad either. Big improvement. Matt Blum powder coated my throttle body and should get it tomorrow. I'll have everything back together soon. Waiting on a few chrome items to come back. I also did the wire mod and now painting the fender wells.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 95TAGary
I just polished my MAF sensor ends and getting ready to put it back together.
Should I leave the screen out or put it back in?

leave it on man. Your not going to see any notcible power from descreening it. Also have fun buying a new one when a small rock or piece of debree knocks out one of the lines because the screen wasn't there. Believe me they engineer the maf a certain way for a reason man. IDK I never bought these "free horsepower mods" lol, 7 HP by descreening the MAF and TB bypass, yeah when the car is at 6000 in 6th gear lol (sarcasm).
Old 03-28-2007, 06:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bossz28
leave it on man. Your not going to see any notcible power from descreening it. Also have fun buying a new one when a small rock or piece of debree knocks out one of the lines because the screen wasn't there. Believe me they engineer the maf a certain way for a reason man. IDK I never bought these "free horsepower mods" lol, 7 HP by descreening the MAF and TB bypass, yeah when the car is at 6000 in 6th gear lol (sarcasm).
going 268 mph... lol
Old 03-28-2007, 07:00 PM
Teching In

I datalogged my 95 formula with a descreened maf, and read blms averaging between 108-113, popped the screen back on and averaged 118-124. Yet, felt no decrease in performance, if anything it felt slightly better with the screen due to a slightly leaner mixture! Could just be my setup, IDK, but the screen is staying in.

Plus when I changed plugs and 02's they were very sooty, nearly fouled! The Maf had been descreened when I bought the car. I say stick with the screen unless you have the means to recalibrate the MAF tables!
Old 03-28-2007, 08:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I put it back in. I'll leave it that way.

Quick Reply: Descreen MAF Sensor?