LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Idle 1k and Fuel smell??

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 10:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Idle 1k and Fuel smell??

Ok I have had this car for a few weeks or so now, I have noticed that even when the car is warm it idles at 1k rpm. I also have a fuel smell comming from the rear of the engine sometimes.

The car seems fine and it runs good but this seems a tad odd. Anyone have any thoughts on this, I have not changed the spark plugs yet but that is one thing I plan on doing shortly!! I just think the 1k rpm seems a little high for idle.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:55 AM
TECH Resident

the only other thing that i can think of is your fuel pressure regulator. it is at the back and it could be letting more fuel in and leaking. but thats about it. I would guess though that your tach might be off or you need new o2 sensors for the high idle. and the gas smell could be alot of things I'd check injectors and the high pressure fittings at the back of the engine.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:24 AM
Teching In

I had a fuel leak that was coming from the rear the fuel line was not pushed in all the way on 1 of the fuel rails try that..
Old 04-02-2007, 05:40 AM
TECH Resident

yea, the factory tachs are what off, so i wouldnt go by that. i dont know what to tell you about the feul smell tho

Quick Reply: Idle 1k and Fuel smell??