LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

How much Whlhp for a 383 stroker LT1 M6 run 10's ?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 12:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shawn and I need to call to double check to make sure the track will be open. Shawn is getting is rear end serviced, fresh oil and to tighten up the pinion gear a little. That may make it through the night. No garantee it wont break though. either way..... we will get that fixed before Baytown.
Old 05-04-2007, 08:44 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm know i'm late for this one but yeah I"m thinking you need about 525ish to get there.... The M6 is gonna make more power at the wheels than my A3 but with 525RWHP at the wheels with my TH400/355 LT1 with 150 shot I was running 10.40's..... I think if you're making 525RWHP thru a 6 speed you'll probably bust off 10.80's if you're a good driver, you have a good suspension setup and you launch it like you hate it..... not considering other variables like your whole setup, gearing, etc..... To be safe tho i'd say 550 would DEFINITELY get you there....
Old 05-04-2007, 08:49 PM
9 Second Club

His name is Ben and he is from my neck of the woods. It was a 396 with single plane setup. Heads done by Larry Meaux. That 450 was through a th350/or 400, a very loose converter and a 12 bolt on slicks
Yeah like i said in the post above 450 thru a TH400 and high stall converter and 12 bolt/9" is way more power if you're comparing it to a stick....

Wait till old tony shep takes out his 530RWHP! naturally aspirated monster LT1 (BTW that's thru a TH400 and high stall/9" combo!) and actually finds a tranny that won't explode..... I think that thing will run in the 9's on motor.... hopefully mine does as well...
Old 05-04-2007, 11:20 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by OutlawZ

Wait till old tony shep takes out his 530RWHP! naturally aspirated monster LT1 (BTW that's thru a TH400 and high stall/9" combo!) and actually finds a tranny that won't explode..... I think that thing will run in the 9's on motor.... hopefully mine does as well...
Tonys car should fly that is for sure. Hopefully we all will be in the 9s...anyone else trying it all NA with a 6 speed?
Old 05-05-2007, 05:25 AM
11 Second Club

Default The run out at Angleton Raceway last night.

Seeing is believing huh? 7.49 with a 1.66 60ft spining off the line with nitrous in second gear only. Any other questions Chad? yeah.... if we could have hooked up we would have probably broke the rear end, then again.. we were not spraying in first gear either. That was done on a crappy track. Spinning, bouncing off the rev limiter and the transmission bad shifting+ the nitrous backfire. With a good track more traction which seemed to be the issue all night and our shift points right and nitrous in first gear..... 7.0's easly. Hope you enjoyed the show. The fastest LT1 stock convertable in Brazoria County.(For now) Call us a liar now. If she's running this good now,,, Wonder what she'll do if we put heads and cam on on it?

Last edited by ZEX-Z; 05-05-2007 at 09:03 AM.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:41 AM
Teching In

glad you didn't scatter your rear shawn! you need to save up for the moser 12 bolt!
Old 05-05-2007, 11:23 AM
11 Second Club

Yes indeed, couldnt agree with you more. We just need to go to Baytown. I drove Shawns car last night on the track. Damn that bitch is fast. But remember.... when I had my old motor, Shawn couldnt touch me on Nitrous when I was running all motor. I'll have pics posted of my 396 stroker kit mayby tommorrow. Way to go Shawn, I am very proud of you. We'll cut her loose at Baytown after we put our final touch on your car. Thanks guys for coming out and watching.

Last edited by ZEX-Z; 05-05-2007 at 12:55 PM.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:04 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZEX-Z
The fastest LT1 stock convertable in Brazoria County.(
sorry...but being on the jug isn't stock.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:56 PM
11 Second Club

Still need to see a video?
Old 05-05-2007, 01:21 PM
Staging Lane

I got one for you....How do you pull a 1.66 60ft and your spinning off the line? If you are able to pull a 1.66 your pretty much rolling out by this point....I saw all of the runs and they where pretty good passes...Not much wrong with the second pass at all and the trap was something like 92...If you ask me you wont be reaching a 7.0 in the 8th...And yes he was spraying in first, whats up with trying to lie to everybody it was obvious. If your wanting that 7.0 pass its time you start swapping some heads and cam and stop grabbing bigger pills...Good runs shawn
Old 05-05-2007, 02:07 PM
11 Second Club

Is this Logan? If I may ask.... what kind of times do you run? Why would I lie? I didnt even drive the car till later. This is what the camera and Shawn and the pit crew and the anouncer said. When you left... I ran his car..... sprayed out of the hole, spun badly enought to get a little sideways, got a 1.70 60ft and ran a 7.6. preach all you want but no offense, I dont need any lessons from you. Plus this track is kinda crappy. We have the video, If we hook, we pull wheels. You think he sprayed off the line but he didnt. There is not point in stroking a motor and putting heads and cam and all that stuff if your doing it on a stock engine. I just think it's a waste for Shawn to do that just yet. He's beating stroked, cammed motors. Doesnt make any sense? Bigger pills? 150 shot is all his fuel system is rated at. Stock fuel pump on a LT1 is barley good enough for that. But that is not a bad idea. Hum? Upgrade idea!
If we were such liars, why would we have showed up in the first place let alone run his car, let alone run those times. Even worse.... we have added over 175lbs to his car since his 11.59 at LSR. He'll break 10's after I get done with his car.
This also sound familiar...." Shawn told you the last time we saw you at the track that he was gonna get into the 7's. And from what i hear you told him not on those tires. He did it that night on some worn out 555's. It took him 3 trys and boom 7.96. Less than 4 months later, 7.46 at lone star speedway. And with the worst conditions, 7.49 Beleive it or not we have the video and you see the MT spin once or twice leaving the line with no wrinkles. Just like we will pull that 7.0 pass and beleive it we will. i'll make sure of it. What you just told me is my inspiration. My fuel. Tell me I cant is always been my inspiration. It was on one of these post, mayby mine, you can cam all you want, add as much horsepower all you want, and not even break 11's. Man I dont mean any disrespect towards you at all. Even though you probably dont like me which is cool cause I dont hang out with you or anything, or really actually know you at that. But for what it's worth, I think your a cool kat and I will never have anything against you. You say i'm cocky..... thats just alot of confidence and in case you havent noticed. We back up what comes out of our mouths about our cars. Stay cool Logan, dont let the dark side take control of you too. Just playn.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 95 Formula
sorry...but being on the jug isn't stock.
^^^^^
Old 05-05-2007, 02:12 PM
11 Second Club

How do you lke that solid roller on the LT1 puck? Daily driver?
Old 05-05-2007, 02:13 PM
11 Second Club

Damn cant wait to get off of work. Ohh well. Got a car to feed.......
Old 05-05-2007, 02:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Seeing is believing huh? 7.49 with a 1.66 60ft spining off the line with nitrous in second gear only. Any other questions Chad? yeah.... if we could have hooked up we would have probably broke the rear end, then again.. we were not spraying in first gear either. That was done on a crappy track. Spinning, bouncing off the rev limiter and the transmission bad shifting+ the nitrous backfire. With a good track more traction which seemed to be the issue all night and our shift points right and nitrous in first gear..... 7.0's easly. Hope you enjoyed the show. The fastest LT1 stock convertable in Brazoria County.(For now) Call us a liar now. If she's running this good now,,, Wonder what she'll do if we put heads and cam on on it?
I heard about the run, congrats on a HIGH 11 second pass in the 1/4. So basically you arent as fast as what you were claiming, and you're nowhere near the 10's.

Dear God, you're still a liar. There is a HUGE difference between a 7.49 and a 7.0. Too bad you wont listen to everybody when they tell you how fast you could be with suspension.

Nice run though. After seeing what you've got, a cash race is definately a good idea. I'll let you know when I'm ready. Dont break that 10 bolt yet, I wanna make sure to get a piece of the car.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:14 PM
11 Second Club

Uhhhhh no Chad. Tisk tisk tisk...... your still an idiot.

Last edited by ZEX-Z; 05-05-2007 at 02:21 PM.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:16 PM
11 Second Club

Besides what we havent done anything to the car but add weight and trust me.... thats not all she had in her. Beleive that. That does sound like fun. I still got money on Shawn. Win or lose. We've go a demon in our trunk we need to let out. This track is not the place to try to grip pavement obviously.
Besides we're gonna beat your *** on stock suspension. The both of us. If he doesnt get you, i will.

Last edited by ZEX-Z; 05-05-2007 at 02:30 PM.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:38 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah this is Logan...Do you really believe that you can get sideways spinning your *** off and still pull a 1.7 sixty....The last time i 1.7 sixty it was with the front left tire off the ground....NO SPIN DEAD HOOK....I will give you that shawns car is bad *** for what it is...Those times arnt bad at all....I dont lie jeremy, when i said my car was running like **** I mean it....In case you didnt know im running mid 7s now ON MOTOR with 18s up front that are coming off the ground on the same shity track that you are talking about with Drag Radials....Oh yeah and the night shawn told me he was going to run in the 7s i didnt believe that....Because what he told me is im looking to hit 7.2s tonight....Then i told him i didnt see how he planned on doing it with those tires....Was i wrong? There is a big difference between low sevens and high sevens....I may be running the car next weekend so you guys should come out and see what its like for a car to be fast without the bottle....Soon enough you will get to see it make a nitrous pass and ill be all over the 6s....Untill then shawn keep it cool...Jeremy...I dont know what to say to you

Last edited by 2000 cam'n SS; 05-05-2007 at 02:55 PM.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Besides what we havent done anything to the car but add weight and trust me.... thats not all she had in her. Beleive that. That does sound like fun. I still got money on Shawn. Win or lose. We've go a demon in our trunk we need to let out. This track is not the place to try to grip pavement obviously.
Besides we're gonna beat your *** on stock suspension. The both of us. If he doesnt get you, i will.
No...you wont.

Just to make things interesting Jeremy. I'll run both of you for cash. I'll run Shawn on motor, and I'll run you on spray.

Last edited by chadtx01; 05-05-2007 at 02:58 PM.
Old 05-05-2007, 02:57 PM
11 Second Club

You dont even beleive that....

Quick Reply: How much Whlhp for a 383 stroker LT1 M6 run 10's ?