LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Dealing with LS1 people..

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 04:20 PM
9 Second Club

Received 64 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by rbrcka
My brother has a '99 TA LS1 with a catback, lid, smooth bellows and Predator tune. He is pretty cocky about his. He even dug up a video on Streetfire with an LS1 beating a guys supercharged LT1 and wanted me to watch it. I hope he thinks it is going to go down that way. I'm just being patient getting all the bugs worked out of my car and getting the tune squared away. I'm going to have it on video when it goes down for sure . lol
oh yeah... ur bro is way toast... pulley it and max them 42# injectors out (500-550hp) and really lay the smackdown!
Old 05-05-2007, 01:20 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula350
Except the TPI had just a wee bit more TQ than the LT1, so stock for stock the TPI should win. My memory is fading with TPI numbers but I know it had 245hp and I think 345ft/lbs. Lighter car too, the late 3rd Gens were like 3250lbs I think.

Doesn't really matter lol I miss my TPI. I think it was much faster than it should've been for what was done (free mods and tune).
Sorry brother, i was stuck with the lowly TBI, and now, people still think it is...suckas
Old 05-05-2007, 04:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

click on the link in my sig....ls1s are not all that

but they seem more easy to get power out of and i like the 01 ss trunk =]
Old 05-05-2007, 11:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Sorry brother, i was stuck with the lowly TBI, and now, people still think it is...suckas
Ouch :\ 305 too I take it?
Old 05-05-2007, 11:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I used to hear about it when my car was a stocker and slow, for some odd reason after running mid 10's the smack talk simmered down. Hopefully it will be a solid roller after the summer(IN Fl we mod in the summer, LOL).
Old 05-05-2007, 12:13 PM
SRZ
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Seeing how I've been overseas the last 7 yrs I just don't see the fascination w/ eating your own kind. But like I said I've been in Germany and we generally don't get cocky owners...if anything we do it for fun but we usually go after horse & snake meat and the rare exotic. I guess once I return I'll be exposed to this as well but I'll tell them "I'm not into incest".

Last edited by SRZ; 05-06-2007 at 12:00 AM.
Old 05-05-2007, 12:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Merv, you're a douche. This has been a long time coming... All you ever do is talk ****. I'm the best, look at my car, I got new guns, I'm so much better than everyone else. It's time to cut the ****. If anyone is a cocky ******* it is you. If anyone else out there has actually met this douche you know what I'm talking about. Your LT1 was fast I gave you props... you talked **** on my LS1. I finished my head/cam combo WHICH IS BY NO MEANS SMALL and you talk ****. I gave you props on your new combo and even tried to give some friendly advice ... you talked ****. It's time that you pull your head out of your *** and get a life. You have to be the most annoying ***** I have ever talked too. I apologize to all of you other guys for my rant and I pray for your sake that you don't ever have to deal with this idiot in person.
Old 05-05-2007, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Id love to agree with you Rothman but Merv has always been helpful to me. Never been cocky and even sent me some pics I asked for the other day with no questions.
Old 05-05-2007, 04:04 PM
TECH Addict

I really have no opinion either way, but merv has answered a few questions for me. So that helps I guess.

Plus we need a few cocky LT1 owners.
Old 05-05-2007, 08:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Merv is very helpful in our section, and even after going to an LS motor, I'm sure he'll still stick around.

Rothman, if that's how you feel about Merv, then you know exactly what everyone here is talking about, except it's from LS1 owners.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm sure he's helpfull and all. You just have to know the guy to see where I'm coming from. He even talked **** about me in this thread for no reason. He just has to be/have the best and that's it. there is no leeway.
Old 05-05-2007, 09:22 PM
11 Second Club

Received 164 Likes on 125 Posts

First of all Rothman, you fit the thread well..
Where did I refrence and talk **** about you..no where..so pull you EGO down a couple of notches.
I said you had a nasty setup, I gave you props on that, and you were trying to knock mine..said that you can run it and I am not goin to be that much more over you..I got almost a whole nother Liter, it's Built/Balanced compared to your stock bottom end, and it's going to pack a ****** nasty punch..I think that is a little bit more than "not much more"
I heard about how you said that you would be able to hang with that Engine I am building.. Come on, you are a 346, I am going to be a 402..with bigger and better Heads, higher Compression, bigger Cam, and a lighter car setup. And you are a M6, I got you out-shifted already. I'll stick with that A4 cause it will be stomping some *** on the Track.
I'll see your mid 11's, and raise you a low 11/sub 10 pass, and that's not even with it's full potential..
You're the first one I am looking for after it's broken in..

Besides, you come in here trying to dog me..I'm suprised. Wrong field to talk **** on though, I have alot of friends in here that I have helped and that have helped me, like mentioned above.

And yes, even after that Engine is in and running, I am still helping you all out with the LT1 stuff, I am trying to master both Engines..already got the Harnesses down. I am not going to get a big head cause I have a LSX Engine.. I'm still representin the early 4th Gen, and gladly stompin the LS1's into the ****** dirt, just for that reason^^

Be afraid Rothman.. I'm comin with a 6.6 Liter LS1 EATER..in that shitty lookin early 4th Gen
Old 05-05-2007, 09:24 PM
11 Second Club

Oh, before you ***** ache about that Rothman..

Oh, I got another one..
Old 05-05-2007, 09:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

AHAHAHAAHAH
I bet thats gonna leave a mark
Old 05-05-2007, 09:54 PM
Teching In

merv, rothman has a pretty sweet *** ride I know am his brother and helped him build his engine. Now I know you may have a sweet *** engine coming together but you are the biggest **** talker I know and people you really have to know this guy in person. Most likely he will blow the engine in a couple of months for doing something stupid . I also know that you would beat the **** out of my TA with that combo but hell atleast I know am not a piece of **** who puts everyones elses cars down or thinks his car is better. Sorry if i offended any lt1 guys here I know for a fact there are some sweet lt1's around .
Old 05-05-2007, 10:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Do you ever wonder why you have no friends? It's because you pull this **** talkin stuff behind everbodys backs. You completely alienate yourself from reality. Never once have you said anything good about my car not that I am fishing for compliments but when you continually dog my ride ... then come on the forums and say that I'm talkin ****, you need to grow up. I know your building a bad *** engine, I have no idea where you heard that I said I would hang with your engine (yet another bullshit lie to make yourself look better) I said to your face that it would be a good race. I stand by that. If you beat me in a race whooptie ****** doo what have I lost? nothing. I could go further into details and/or get some of the other local guys that know you on here but you know what? I'm better than that. So go sulk in a corner somewhere in hell.
Old 05-05-2007, 10:37 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula350
Ouch :\ 305 too I take it?
Unfortunatly...but im all better now
Old 05-05-2007, 10:45 PM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by the_merv
Where did I refrence and talk **** about you..no where..so pull you EGO down a couple of notches.
Be afraid Rothman.. I'm comin with a 6.6 Liter LS1 EATER..in that shitty lookin early 4th Gen
I am not going to get a big head cause I have a LSX Engine.. I'm still representin the early 4th Gen, and gladly stompin the LS1's into the ****** dirt, just for that reason^^

You and I have been talking back and forth over the phone, ,mainly you talking about your car and your LSX project. I thought you're pretty cool hard core "car enthusiast" and fbody fan but boy I didn't know you got some "issues" on LS1s and their owners. What happens when you're done w/ your LSX fbody and try to stomp a LS1 fbody and you get stomped? Remember NOT all LS1s are stock and there are always be FASTER car than yours. That being said...

Sounds like you're talking **** right here...
I am not going to get a big head cause I have a LSX Engine.. I'm still representin the early 4th Gen, and gladly stompin the LS1's into the ****** dirt, just for that reason^^
And what it looks like your head is growing by the minute already. Just my observation by reading your previous posts. Alot of contradicting statements from you that makes you look like hypocrite. Anyways, TTYL dude.
Old 05-05-2007, 10:45 PM
11 Second Club

Damn.. you all are hatin hardcore..piece of ****, yea, ok..
I said you had a nasty setup, so again take your EGO down a couple of pegs.
As far as making friends go, if you are concerned with your car that much to where you are all "oooo he said this, my ***** hurts...oooo" There is a Isle at Wal Mart that has this **** called Vagisil on it, go check it out..
Speaking of sayin **** to my face, why you typing it on here? Grow some things called ***** and catch me somewhere..I am at the Fire Station from time to time, I think you know where that is..
I know I talk about my ****, I talk about it alot cause I am proud of it, it's custom work based on lost of research. Listen in and you might learn something, I talk with all kinds of people and learn how their stuff is setup, that helps me out, gives me different ideas.
Well I'll be sulking in that corner as I'm getting some in a little bit.. so yea..have a nice night..
Old 05-05-2007, 10:49 PM
11 Second Club

Me and you Bene have no beef, never have..I can't specify who I am going race, so don't take the general terms literally. I direct them more towards those that want to take personal attacks.
There is always a faster car out there, that's a given no matter what you own.

Quick Reply: Dealing with LS1 people..