LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

LT1 intake manifold questions- Please help

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 07:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula350
Thats what the link I found is for The guy did it w/o any shavings in the motor. You stuff a bunch of rags in it and then the front one is caked in bearing grease. They can't escape that Someone here did it like the guy did in that link, his came out great he said.

there still has to be metal shavings that go somewhere, your not going to stop them all..- Right now my 94 intake is soaking in a hot water & degreaser bath in my bathtub..- i first sprayed it w/ brake clean & then degreaser & now soaking in the tub, - i am submersing & unsubmersing it to try to flush as many shavings out as i can.. - Looks good so far. I got ahold of Bryan from Portworx performance here in town & he got me on the right track- he took out most of the metal on my 94 intake. I sent him an e-mail & he called me back & told me to bring it down today. Great guy- did it on his day off & at home away from the shop.. So i got some metal bits for my dremel & finished it up. Its not professional but I followed what he told me to do & it looks just about the same as the intake he originaly did for me.

Quick Reply: LT1 intake manifold questions- Please help