LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Edelbrock LT4 VS Stock LT1 Intake pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2007, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I want to see ported vs. ported results.
EXACTLY, When I called Lloyd and AI about a 1.5 months ago, and neither one of them had even seen a Edelbrock casting so the potential is still up in the air.
I will call him shortly and get something setup and see if we can do a comparison test with a Ported stocker on a intake flowbench (think he has one??)
Old 05-12-2007, 11:16 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

nice, I have mine on order. I am going to do a few dyno tests on my big cube motor for everyone to see.

1 stock lt4 intake
2 edel lt4 intake
3 sheetmetal intake

we will see in about a month
Old 05-12-2007, 01:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 96capricemgr
I want to see ported vs. ported results.

The people so convinced that this is a godsent are going to try and compare ported Edelbrock to as cast stock which is silly.

heh You frequent here, you should know none of us think the Edel is a god sent. We're all very skeptical about it. The only dyno numbers we've seen are ones that were taken using a different dyno and only using 1 run, so between margin of error and differing dynos, the 5/10 it made could be 0/0 or 15/20. Of course, we all hope for the latter.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I know a lot of folks are ASSuming that just because a name is attached it is the greatest thing ever. Not everyone but a lot of folks.

I think new products for our old engines are good, I just want them to be GOOD products.
Old 05-12-2007, 03:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

I think new products for our old engines are good, I just want them to be GOOD products.
Amen.
Old 05-12-2007, 04:50 PM
Banned

Is there any proven gains from this intake yet
Old 05-12-2007, 04:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Jbmoney21
Is there any proven gains from this intake yet
Failed 4th grade reading eh?
Old 05-12-2007, 05:41 PM
Tenured Member

Honestly, I'd be very surprised to see much in the way of back to back testing of the GM LT4 vs. the Edelbrock LT4.

Most people who are buying them aren't doing it as a perceved upgrade, they're buying them for the same reason I did. I needed an LT4 intake for my heads, and there's no way I was going to pay the $600-$800 people were trying to sell them for. ......I wasn't very happy about paying $460 for the Edelbrock.

It's definitely not a godsend, but I have a new intake that fits my heads for a couple hundred bux less than buying a used one from someone taking advantage of a situation. I guess that's justification enough in my mind to buy the product. It is actually a pretty nice piece too.
Old 05-13-2007, 11:55 AM
On The Tree

nice man...im jealous now! lol
Old 05-13-2007, 01:43 PM
TECH Addict

I've been thinkin' about this for my next winter project. You might be suprised by the results
Old 05-13-2007, 03:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i think they should have a cast a boss to accept a dist. or at least
made it the way the lt1 carb. intakes are made with the provision and flange for the dist. would have made it easier to swap in a dist.
Old 05-13-2007, 03:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by NemeSS
i think they should have a cast a boss to accept a dist. or at least
made it the way the lt1 carb. intakes are made with the provision and flange for the dist. would have made it easier to swap in a dist.

Wouldn't it be emboss? Anyways, I agree. Running the EDB LTx intake like a mini-ram would be truly sweet. I seriously think that most companies need to fire their R&D teams and hire more scene oriented people. Or at least troll car forums for what people are saying :\
Old 05-13-2007, 04:45 PM
11 Second Club

The aftermarket is about making money not about making parts. If they happen to be able to make money making a good part that is almost accidental.

Open a Summit or look on Ebay, MAFs "ignition upgrades", IAC and TPS trickers all kinds of easy to install but useless parts. I did not bother with ignition work till very recently and then just for the spark based rev limiter. I ran my 11.9s on stock coil/module with no additional box.

The real problem here is the world is run by marketing rather than results and that is what consumers are looking for. Really a relative few of us go looking for RESULTS first and formost.
Look at the ricer fad you can buy fake nitrous kits these days, all about pretend instead of reality.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:02 PM
FormerVendor

The aftermarket is about making money not about making parts. If they happen to be able to make money making a good part that is almost accidental.

Open a Summit or look on Ebay, MAFs "ignition upgrades", IAC and TPS trickers all kinds of easy to install but useless parts. I did not bother with ignition work till very recently and then just for the spark based rev limiter. I ran my 11.9s on stock coil/module with no additional box.

The real problem here is the world is run by marketing rather than results and that is what consumers are looking for. Really a relative few of us go looking for RESULTS first and formost.
Look at the ricer fad you can buy fake nitrous kits these days, all about pretend instead of reality.
Accidental!, the world is run by marketing rather than results! Few of us go looking for results!

Yes there might be plenty of parts that have relatively little to no gain but I think your comments are very ignorant (lacking in knowledge)

Many companies spend a great deal of time in research and development with the entire goal of producing results. If you look at the posts about new items many members are extremely interested in seeing results and not marketing hype. If you look at peoples signatures you will see they have attained results from many of these parts and many do perform.

If you build a better mouse trap people will notice.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:39 PM
Launching!

He is grumpy because he drives a Taxi, That guy is a Dick. If you don't have what he has on your car, then yours is ****.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:47 PM
11 Second Club

I am sure every one of us can name a company with a superior product that crumbled in the face of competition with a better marketing plan.

OEMs spend money on R&D, the aftermarket spends it on advertizing, Granatelli, Hypercrap, multielectrode sparkplugs etc.

By a "better mouse trap" do you mean vaporware heads that "should" perform but never seem to make it into a running performing car? That is a prime example of hype over results.
Old 05-13-2007, 05:54 PM
Launching!

Here is a link to some guy on here that has a before and after Dyno
He pick up 5rwhp & 12rwtq
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...8&page=2&pp=20
Old 05-13-2007, 06:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by F8L LT1 Z28
Here is a link to some guy on here that has a before and after Dyno
He pick up 5rwhp & 12rwtq
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...8&page=2&pp=20

Dude, seriously. Read this whole thread. I already talked about that whole thing. Those numbers are up in the air. They are based on a horrible run, between two different brand dynos. You have to take those with a grain of salt. As I said in my previous post. It can make 0/0 to 15/20. We're just not sure until someone has the time, or money, to have a motor or car dynoed by the same dyno and operator to know the gains. You need to have at least 5 runs on each setup. His only had one run that was comparable to his last run. So 5/12 is not for sure at all.

And while Caprice might be grumpy, he does know a thing or two.
Old 05-13-2007, 07:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that was my dyno run and as I posted, the results should indeed be taken with a grain of salt. I figured I would just post it because I haven't seen a single thread with any kind of results...plus I said I would. Hopefully in the future, someone will truly test the intake on the same dyno and same day.

-brian
Old 05-13-2007, 08:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah i would like to see some real numbers and testing...but its a nice looking piece none the less

Quick Reply: Edelbrock LT4 VS Stock LT1 Intake pics