LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Ate An LS1 Camaro Tonight!

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 11:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i LOVED my LT1 but it doesn't compare to the power the vette i got has. It's lighter, yes, but still... The old LT1 felt as fast but the Speedo and 1/4 times didn't reflect it I do kinda miss it though...
Old 07-10-2007, 11:29 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jditlfm
ya me and rich raced its pretty dead even. If i spray its over by bus lengths
well no **** when you spray but i figured it would be close without. you ever gonna get a track time with the spray?
Old 07-10-2007, 11:51 PM
TECH Regular

Im trying to go tonight. hope it dont rain
really? i might just have to ride out there and watch.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

what is the difference between a good shift and a bad one? this is a serious Q. i know a missed shift is a bad one but mad mike you say the guy cant shift. id like to know where my shifting falls in the spectrum. and it wont let me quote your message so anyway
Old 07-11-2007, 12:01 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TXFORMULA
what is the difference between a good shift and a bad one? this is a serious Q. i know a missed shift is a bad one but mad mike you say the guy cant shift. id like to know where my shifting falls in the spectrum. and it wont let me quote your message so anyway
what i meant was he is very slow at shifting and he doesnt even drop the clutch he still kinda eases it out like he is driving a car with 50 hp or something i mean he used to drive an integra but come on let that LS1 scream

O and he short shifts IMO he shifts at like 5000 he needs to wind it up a little more
Old 07-11-2007, 12:06 AM
TECH Regular

Do it, I also have 4.11's just sitting here right next to me so i cant wait to put them in, should wake the car up, especially on spray.
WTF 4.11's!!!!!! damn son your out for blood arent you. do you just enjoy making me feel like **** with my stock LT1
Old 07-11-2007, 12:10 AM
TECH Regular

i have been told that i shift pretty good.

Ya kinda when i go home im gunna jet it with a 200 shot and see how long it holds up. LOL
yes jon we know. haha i told justin that the automatic in the R/T shifts harder than he does in his Z28
Old 07-11-2007, 07:28 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice kill ls1's are not all that fast.
And LT1's are? The LS1 is faster stock for stock and mod for mod. But you all ready knew that didn't you?

O i know the LSWON can neva LOSE. don't take what i say out of the situation i know fast ls1's i know slow ls1's same with lt1's. Usualy comes down to who is smarter and has more money.
Proper grammar makes posts easier to read and makes the poster look more intelligent. No offense intended as this is merely a friendly suggestion.

Some people might say "the LT1 can neva LOSE", "the Mustang can neve LOSE", "the Civic can neva LOSE" or even "the Corvette can neva LOSE". But it sounds equally stupid regardless of which car and or motor you use in that sentence.

Who is smarter and spends more money will always be an advantage. But when you have equally smart (or stupid) people modding with equal money (or not modding at all) then you have to look at the cars themselves for any factory given advantages or disadvantages

Im not a ******* newb
Maybe not. But the "ls1's are not all that fast" comment did kind of make you sound like one.

Nice kill GunshotZ28! Being a stalled auto I know what it's like being the underdog. My favorate kills are against a 03 Cobra and 07 C6 Corvette. Mainly because I was out powered and considered the underdog which IMO makes the kills that much sweeter.

The look on thier faces when they run a 12.6 @ 112 and still lose to a 12.3 @ 109 is nothing short of "priceless".
Old 07-11-2007, 08:15 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by MadMike 97 Z28
ya i kinda wonder if the LS1 wasnt a little under the weather or something? still an awesomw kill though!

a little off topic but lovescamaros28 do you have any track times for your car? your setup is similar to mine and i was wondering what my car may run in the 1/4
I just bought my car this past Saturday(3rd LT1 I have owned).I bought it up in Iowa off of a guy from camaroz28.com.He just installed magnaflow 2 months ago and said he ran a best 13.83@101 before the magnaflow.So I would say it is a consistent high 13 second car.As soon as I take it down the strip I will post my own times.

Last edited by lovescamaros28; 07-11-2007 at 08:44 AM.
Old 07-11-2007, 08:23 AM
TECH Regular

LS1's are only about .4-.5 faster in the 1/4 mile than an LT1 that is bone stock.That is something that can be made up with just a bolt on LT1.Problem is most LS1 owners dont stay bone stock(lol).
Old 07-11-2007, 10:02 AM
11 Second Club

great another lt vs ls thread...yayyy freaking yayy

Old 07-11-2007, 10:06 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by darrensls1
And LT1's are? The LS1 is faster stock for stock and mod for mod. But you all ready knew that didn't you?

Proper grammar makes posts easier to read and makes the poster look more intelligent. No offense intended as this is merely a friendly suggestion.

Some people might say "the LT1 can neva LOSE", "the Mustang can neve LOSE", "the Civic can neva LOSE" or even "the Corvette can neva LOSE". But it sounds equally stupid regardless of which car and or motor you use in that sentence.

Who is smarter and spends more money will always be an advantage. But when you have equally smart (or stupid) people modding with equal money (or not modding at all) then you have to look at the cars themselves for any factory given advantages or disadvantages

Maybe not. But the "ls1's are not all that fast" comment did kind of make you sound like one.

Nice kill GunshotZ28! Being a stalled auto I know what it's like being the underdog. My favorate kills are against a 03 Cobra and 07 C6 Corvette. Mainly because I was out powered and considered the underdog which IMO makes the kills that much sweeter.

The look on thier faces when they run a 12.6 @ 112 and still lose to a 12.3 @ 109 is nothing short of "priceless".

There i deleted all my Anti-Ls1 comments, I see you live in Rochester, if you ever see me out at the beach or at NYIRP when i get back home you should seriously come talk to me in person i think you will find you have the completely wrong interpretation of me and I'm not going to start a LT1 vs LS1 argument and waste more ls1tech bandwidth on stuff that has already been discussed or that i obviously cant get my point across. Seriously. ya PEPE i saw that this thread was going this way its too bad cause that not what i meant to happen to i fixed that problem.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:16 AM
11 Second Club

There i deleted all my Anti-Ls1 comments, I see you live in Rochester, if you ever see me out at the beach or at NYIRP when i get back home you should seriously come talk to me in person i think you will find you have the completely wrong interpretation of me and I'm not going to start a LT1 vs LS1 argument and waste more ls1tech bandwidth on stuff that has already been discussed or that i obviously cant get my point across. Seriously. ya PEPE i saw that this thread was going this way its too bad cause that not what i meant to happen to i fixed that problem.
good job bro, some get offended, I have friends with both and I don't argue in person much less online about it, I just line up with whoever and I let PEPE do the talkin.

you're just excited you beat the guy, we've all been there and beat our first lsxx car and been excited about it, but thanks for editing, shows what your made of man.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:27 AM
11 Second Club

I must say that I am pleasantly surprised by this post. If I misinterpreted your intent then I appologise. I do live in Rochester (Brighton to be exact) and I practically live at NYIRP on Wednesday and or Friday nights. I don't really make it out to the beach though. When I go to the lake it's always to put my boat in the water for fishing or tubing

I'll keep an eye out for your car at the track. Unfortunately mine is done for awhile. Tranny went out last Saturday (lost 3rd and 4th gear). But the good news is that I was ditching it for a 4L80E anyway. I need something stronger to support the new motor I got sitting at New Era Performance.

Good luck with your car.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by MadMike 97 Z28
WOW a A4 LT1 with gears and a tune pulling on a M6 LS1!!!! AWESOME!!!!! Maybe my M6 LT1 has a chance if i dyno tune and put a full exhaust system on, against my buddys all stock 02 M6 LS1.

I'd say so. When I first did the exhaust on my car I had 4.10's 1.6 rr's and a gmpp CAI, no tune. I could spank LS1 cars. Most guys are prolly saying, "Well with all of that you should be able to" I'm just saying that they have a whole lot on us to begin with. Personally, I think LT1's do o.k holding there own with a few mods. Mustangs don't want any
Old 07-11-2007, 11:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Have I ever mentioned that PEPE is the sexiest mule I've ever seen, really, it's true.
Old 07-12-2007, 12:55 AM
12 Second Club

seriously, we dont need another lt1 vs ls1 thread lol

on the other hand, lets focus on the fact that our LT1s are often considered "slow." It's that fact that helped me take $20 from a stock LS1 the other night
Old 07-12-2007, 01:02 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by urbanhunter44
seriously, we dont need another lt1 vs ls1 thread lol

on the other hand, lets focus on the fact that our LT1s are often considered "slow." It's that fact that helped me take $20 from a stock LS1 the other night
awesome bro!!!! i always tell my buddy with an ls1 "respect your elders boy, if it weren't for my lt1 your ls1 wouldnt be here"
Old 07-12-2007, 05:38 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Vicious95Z28
Have I ever mentioned that PEPE is the sexiest mule I've ever seen, really, it's true.
I'm just curious. Does this sexy mule PEPE have anything to do with the old 80's movie Romancing the Stone?
Old 07-13-2007, 09:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by darrensls1
I'm just curious. Does this sexy mule PEPE have anything to do with the old 80's movie Romancing the Stone?

Sorry dude, I'm lost on that one. I was just born in 80. PEPE, is just a sexy beast, especially in that shiny black coat!

Quick Reply: Ate An LS1 Camaro Tonight!