LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Abs Inop Light?

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2007, 12:09 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Abs Inop Light?

well i heard that when the ABS Inop light is on then the Cruise Control will not work is that true? I installed a SS spoiler on my 94 Z28 and without the relay wired in the cruise control doesnt work and the ABS light is on, but when i wired in the Relay the cruise control works, but the ABS light still comes on. I disconnected the battery to clear the codes and the light still comes on. I also installed a 150 MPH speedo because i had the 115 mph speedo stock. i picked up the 150 mph speedo from a junk yard can that cause the ABS light to come on?
Old 07-24-2007, 01:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

my cruise works fine and my ABS inop light is on most of the time

I dont know if I am remembering right but the abs stuff can come on when working on the brake lights, now that sounds ridiculous, but thats what I am remembering, either that or I should be in bed, haha
Old 07-24-2007, 11:40 AM
TECH Regular

well my abs light is on... it wont go off. i have no third brake light. and when i turn my headlights on i have no brake lights. just running lights.. but when i turn my head lights off i have brake lights.. so im in a boggle my self.. any ideas/
Old 07-24-2007, 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

do your turn signals blink really slow when the lights are on? If so then you have a bad ground in the rear plug sockets, thats what mine were...take the sockets out and pull the grounds out of each socket and clean them up, prolly alot of corosion they are known for that. or replace the sockets with GM part# 12141493 for tail and stop light.... 4 of them @ 60.50 ea and part # 88986416 for the tail lamp socket in the middle there are 2 of them @ 44.70 ea.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JTSLP559
well my abs light is on... it wont go off. i have no third brake light. and when i turn my headlights on i have no brake lights. just running lights.. but when i turn my head lights off i have brake lights.. so im in a boggle my self.. any ideas/
Haha that sounds like a fun problem to have...not really. My abs inop light comes on when I go wot but I posted a thread before asking why and someone said it might be because size of rims/tires I run in the rear which are 17x11 315. It still bothers me though so I'm hoping the bulb will burn out or I could just remove it if I had the time...
Old 07-24-2007, 12:21 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by FAD2BLK93
do your turn signals blink really slow when the lights are on? If so then you have a bad ground in the rear plug sockets, thats what mine were...take the sockets out and pull the grounds out of each socket and clean them up, prolly alot of corosion they are known for that. or replace the sockets with GM part# 12141493 for tail and stop light.... 4 of them @ 60.50 ea and part # 88986416 for the tail lamp socket in the middle there are 2 of them @ 44.70 ea.
If your 3rd brake light is unhooked then cruise will not work. When I bought the Z, the cruise did not work and I checked the brake lights and did not have the 3rd. Took the panel off the hatch, 3rd brake light was unplugged, hooked it up, and I've got cruise. If cruise is not working, then the problem could be related to the SS spoiler install and the wiring. Or the cruise itself has a problem. Only thing I can say for sure is cruise won't work if 3rd brake light is unplugged. On the sockets, you can pick up Calterm or Dorman replacements at the part store for less than $10 each. Work just as well. I have used the Calterm sockets. Fixed 4 bad ones for about $20. GM would have cost $200.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:22 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by lt197formula
Haha that sounds like a fun problem to have...not really. My abs inop light comes on when I go wot but I posted a thread before asking why and someone said it might be because size of rims/tires I run in the rear which are 17x11 315. It still bothers me though so I'm hoping the bulb will burn out or I could just remove it if I had the time...
Ground the light green wire on the EBCM and it will kill the light.
Old 07-24-2007, 12:34 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by lt197formula
This happened to me after I installed new spark plugs wires. Long story short it ended up that at WOT my spark plug (on the driver side) was hitting my wiring to the abs sensor. They are highly sensitive sensors and spark in the spark wire was making it go crazy.....don't know if this is YOUR problem...but i thought I would throw that out there
Old 07-24-2007, 12:43 PM
TECH Regular

well we both have screwed up problems lol, i have no idea what mine is up to. i have electrical. i do infact have the right bulbs in and there in the right way...i swear iv had more problems with this car in a week than my 99 ss in a year. i dont even know where to start looking..

Quick Reply: Abs Inop Light?