LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Muffler w/ True Duals?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 07:19 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 96lt1m6
here's mine,no clearence issues.2.5"X pipe w/1ch.race flows
Dude, that's almost a moot point....press bent pipes?? That exhaust shop is bunk....... Your pipes in reality are equal to 2.25" as of now. Ever stick your hand out the window at speed? Know the feeling of resistance of your hand through the air? That's what's going on inside of those mufflers....yuck!!
Old 08-09-2007, 07:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i'm thinking about doing the same thing with stingers or magnapacks except i'll use mandrel bends.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gbody6liter
Dude, that's almost a moot point....press bent pipes?? That exhaust shop is bunk....... Your pipes in reality are equal to 2.25" as of now. Ever stick your hand out the window at speed? Know the feeling of resistance of your hand through the air? That's what's going on inside of those mufflers....yuck!!
you must be one of those that think you have to have MANDREL BENT pipes,pfffft the amount of money vs. the performance is negligable,if the motor had 12:1 comp. or more big cam,big heads you would have a point but at this level you will never notice the differece.
also the bends are not until the rear of the car,if you use a greese pencil on the exhaust system to see how far it goes before it stops melting the line thats where your burn rate stops usually 3'-3.5' from the motor so it is doubtful you will lose any power,purely cosmetic.

thanks for your input though it does help others in determining what they want for their ride
Old 08-09-2007, 10:58 PM
Teching In

I have Sweet Thunders dumped and highly recommend them!
Old 08-10-2007, 11:58 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 96lt1m6
you must be one of those that think you have to have MANDREL BENT pipes,pfffft the amount of money vs. the performance is negligable,if the motor had 12:1 comp. or more big cam,big heads you would have a point but at this level you will never notice the differece.
also the bends are not until the rear of the car,if you use a greese pencil on the exhaust system to see how far it goes before it stops melting the line thats where your burn rate stops usually 3'-3.5' from the motor so it is doubtful you will lose any power,purely cosmetic.

thanks for your input though it does help others in determining what they want for their ride
If the shop were worth mentioning, they could have used some universal mandrel U-bends that only cost like $10-14 each and fabricated it. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea and pipe placement, just think it was a waste to use press bent piping. Sick car none the less!!
Old 08-11-2007, 10:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it was my choice to not have the mandrel bends due to time constraints,it looks cleaner i admit.i still may do it.
the sound is really what i wanted,its choice!
i will get pix of my buddies lightning which they did custom mandrel bends on and it looks sweet.
the shop has a ton of talent and over 25yrs.exp.
Old 08-11-2007, 11:38 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by transamws6_97
I think I've decided I'm gonna go with pacesetters lt, universal x pipe kit, and powersticks
I have that same set up dumped before the axle and i love it!!!!!!!!!
Old 08-11-2007, 01:16 PM
11 Second Club

I like my bullets, but it is LOUD.
Old 08-11-2007, 03:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 96mikez28
I have that same set up dumped before the axle and i love it!!!!!!!!!
yup to save money I was gonna have it just dumped before the axle use some turndowns to direct the exhaust down and out from underneath the car. People say it will look dumb w/ no tips sticking out the back of my bumper but I don't mind it beats these shitty stock oval tips I have now
Old 08-11-2007, 04:14 PM
Staging Lane

iv'e seen i guy on here who had mufflers dumped and dummy tips! but i got hooker lt's lanes x pipe with 3 inch bullets its pretty loud.(my neighbors hate me i usally come home like at 3am at 4 grand just for kicks)but i dont think they drone that bad, but its quality **** they tuck up real good in the middle, lowest part is my driver side flange. o theyre dumped before the rear end

Quick Reply: Muffler w/ True Duals?