LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

Have we come to the conclusion that the air gap intake is a dud?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2007, 12:34 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

****, just pay to have a sheetmetal intake made....f-it.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:05 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

z28dad...you can use my lt1 powered car for comparison lol...im only 30 mins away from you

i've been debating getting this thing ever since rumors came out...i think lloyd elliot should take the initiative and do the dynos!
Old 08-22-2007, 05:26 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by birdmaro
...i think lloyd elliot should take the initiative and do the dynos!
Thats what im talking about

+1
Old 08-22-2007, 06:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

T/A KID, you might be who I'm relaying my info from.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:15 PM
11 Second Club

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

This intake is getting it's good reputation from bench racers not actual results. Just read through this thread for proof of that. Stupidity like this is why there is so much GARBAGE out there.
There has been one dyno test posted here, as noted different dyno different days so not a great test but 5hp on a 370rwhp car is not impressive too me.

socal, Edelbrock did NOT produce an intake a decade ago, they put it in their catalogues and all and then failed to come up with an improvement but then had the integrity to admit failure and back out of production before they ever started.
The sheeple want an intake and GM stopped making the LT4 intake everyone ASSumed was an upgrade so the timing was right to dump whatever they could slap together onto the market.

It is good to have new castings available but those of you who swear it is an upgrade without any proof are a little simple and a shining example of what is wrong with society today. Marketing will take a company much further than a good product and the feeble mindedness of the public is to blame.

In summary the ONLY true DATA we have sofar is the 5hp gain one member here posted on a 370rwhp car, and that was not a well controlled test so it is not the end of the story.

As more are bolted down hopefully we get more comparisons, till then it is STUPID for all of you to go claiming it is wonderful.

I will be honest and say IMO the above test of it being barely an upgrade on even a well modded motor will prove too be the way it continues to test, I will keep my eyes out for more actual results though.

Far as Lloyd shelling out the time and money to test it, why on earth would he do that, he is not a retailer so it is not like he is looking to sell them.

I think one of you dimwits who swears it is the best thing to ever hit the LT1 should put his money where his mouth is and document your testing of it.

I would love to be proven wrong and have this turn out to be a WORTHWHILE upgrade, my opinion that it will not be is based on Edelbrock's dismal late model track record combined with the one test we have so far, and considering Edelbrock and Lingenfelter both basically admitted failure on this front a decade ago.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any updated info on the intakes performance?
Old 08-24-2007, 10:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rickreeves1
Any updated info on the intakes performance?
It's only been a day or so, so no, there's no update.

Quick Reply: Have we come to the conclusion that the air gap intake is a dud?